Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > ADE L | post-layout simulation | input.scs error

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ADE L | post-layout simulation | input.scs error  

Last post Sat, Jan 30 2010 7:04 AM by Quek. 4 replies.
Started by Rbaca 29 Jan 2010 05:18 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 3017 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Jan 29 2010 5:18 AM

• Rbaca
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 29 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 65
    ADE L | post-layout simulation | input.scs error Reply

Hi

after a successful extraction and a LVS without any diference, I setup the ADE L in order to perform post-layout simulation and without any error, However, when I start to run a transient simulation I get te following error:

ERROR (SFE-23): "input.scs" 13: +1 is an instance of n undefined modeltsmc25dP.

ERROR (SFE-23): "input.scs" 13: +0 is an instance of n undefined modeltsmc25dN.

Do any konw why I got these errors? does the library that im using does not inlcude these models ?

thanks for your help

regards 

rik

• Post Points: 65
  • Sat, Jan 30 2010 6:39 AM

• Quek
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 14 2009
    • Singapore, 00-SG
    • Posts 1,051
    • Points 15,990
    Re: ADE L | post-layout simulation | input.scs error Reply
    Hi rik

I will assume that you are using QRC for parasitic extraction. I have seen this bug for another design. The spacing between the model name and value has been accidentally left out in the spice netlist and hence resulted in the undefined model error during spectre sim. Would you please retry the extraction using the QRC from the latest EXT911?

You can search and replace all "tsmc25dP" and "tsmc25dN" with "tsmc 25dP" and "tsmc 25dN" respectively.

When posting a question, it would be great if you can identify the specific tool versions so that we can come up with the most appropriate suggestions. E.g.

unix>virtuoso -W
    unix>assura -W or pvs -version
    unix>spectre -W
    unix>qrc -version

Best regards
    Quek
    • Post Points: 5
  • Sat, Jan 30 2010 6:43 AM

• Quek
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Singapore, 00-SG
    • Posts 1,051
    • Points 15,990

Hi rik

I will assume that you are using QRC for parasitic extraction. I have seen this bug for another design. The spacing between the model and value has been accidentally left out in the spice netlist and hence resulted in the undefined model error during spectre simulation. Would you please retry using the latest version of QRC in EXT911?

As a workaround, you can use a text editor to replace all "tsmc25dN" and "tsmc25dP" with "tsmc 25dN" and "tsmc25dP". I believe that your pdk (process design kit) from tsmc includes these models in the model files.

When posting a question, it would be great if you can identify the specific tool versions so that we can come up with the most appropriate suggestions. E.g.

unix>virtuoso -W
    unix>spectre -W
    unix>qrc -version

Best regards
    Quek

• Sat, Jan 30 2010 6:43 AM

• Quek
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Singapore, 00-SG
    • Posts 1,051
    • Points 15,990
    Hi rik

I will assume that you are using QRC for parasitic extraction. I have seen this bug for another design. The spacing between the model and value has been accidentally left out in the spice netlist and hence resulted in the undefined model error during spectre simulation. Would you please retry using the latest version of QRC in EXT911?

As a workaround, you can use a text editor to replace all "tsmc25dN" and "tsmc25dP" with "tsmc 25dN" and "tsmc25dP". I believe that your pdk (process design kit) from tsmc includes these models in the model files.

unix>virtuoso -W
    unix>spectre -W
    unix>qrc -version

Best regards
    Quek
  • Sat, Jan 30 2010 7:04 AM

• Quek
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Singapore, 00-SG
    • Posts 1,051
    • Points 15,990
    Hi rik

unix>virtuoso -W
    unix>spectre -W
    unix>qrc -version

Best regards
    Quek
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Rbaca at 29 Jan 2010 05:18 AM. Topic has 4 replies.