Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Mark net is not tracing

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Mark net is not tracing 

Last post Mon, Feb 8 2010 1:23 PM by Andrew Beckett. 4 replies.
Started by maven7783 25 Jan 2010 06:04 PM. Topic has 4 replies and 2221 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jan 25 2010 6:04 PM

• maven7783
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 2 2008
    • Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
    • Posts 17
    • Points 290
    Mark net is not tracing Reply
    Hi, Mark net is not working in my IC6.1. when i select a particular net ...mark net is highlighting all the nets... thanks, maven
    Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jan 25 2010 6:17 PM

Re: Mark net is not tracing Reply

Maven,

It is working, just working more than you want it to ;-)

It will be using the currently active validVias constraint in the constraint group defined in Options->Editor (in the Wire Editing section). If the validVias includes the contact layer, it will connect from metal1 down into diffusion and hence under the transistor and up the other side (remember that mark net simply looks at the shapes - it doesn't have much intelligence).

You can stop this either by picking a constraint group which doesn't traverse into the diffusion/active/oxide/OD layer in the validVias/validLayers constraints, or by hitting F3 once you start Mark Net, and changing the "Via Layers used by Mark Net" to "Select Via Layers" and disabling the contact between the diffusion and metal1.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 35
  • Thu, Jan 28 2010 12:16 AM

• sreejayanth
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 12 2008
    • Duluth, GA
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

To add to Andrew's post, perhaps the "Stop Layers" feature can be used for this?

See solution ID:  11456360 titled "How to stop Mark Net from highlighting through gate diffusion?"

• Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Feb 8 2010 8:45 AM

• maven7783
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 2 2008
    • Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
    • Posts 17
    • Points 290
    Thanks Andrew, I realized my mistake....u r right. I forgot to select the layers. But why is that i have to select the layers every time, is there a way the tool could identify the required layers whenever i click on a net. Thanks again, maven.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Feb 8 2010 1:23 PM

You can create your own constraint groups - this can be done either in the original technology library, or by using the Incremental Technology Database idea. If you "reference" the technology library rather than "attach" you can then add constraint groups in your own design library (say). You could define a constraint group and specify the validLayers and validVias, and then specify this constraint group in the Options->Editor form in the layout editor. Or set that via the cdsenv settings:

layout setupConstraintGroup string "virtuosoDefaultExtractorSetup"
    layout wireConstraintGroup string "virtuosoDefaultSetup"

Set them to whatever you've called your constraint group.

That way you shouldn't have to reset it every time you use mark net.

Probably you should search in cdnshelp for "validLayers" and "validVias" and "mark net".

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by maven7783 at 25 Jan 2010 06:04 PM. Topic has 4 replies.