Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > spectre RF pss sweep error

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

spectre RF pss sweep error 

Last post Fri, Jan 22 2010 2:32 PM by Andrew Beckett. 4 replies.
Started by kivvzhou 22 Jan 2010 10:51 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 1861 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Jan 22 2010 10:51 AM

• kivvzhou
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 22 2010
    • Posts 3
    • Points 75
    spectre RF pss sweep error Reply

I am getting the following error during PSS sweep analysis: Internal error found in spectre during sweep analysis`sweeppss'. Please run `getSpectreFiles' or send the netlist, thespectre log file, the behavioral model files, and any other informationthat can help identify the problem to support(at)cadence.com. my spectre version is mmsim6.1. who know what's the problem ? thank you all!

• Post Points: 35
  • Fri, Jan 22 2010 11:14 AM

Re: spectre RF pss sweep error Reply
    Internal errors are indicative of an uncaught problem with the software. Usually there is some additional information which can help identify if it's a known problem by showing the context of the error in the spectre output log.

However, you are using an old, no-longer supported version of MMSIM. My advice would be to install MMSIM72 (the latest release; it's possible you may need to request an update to your license file to get the latest version numbers) and then try again. There have been many, many improvements since MMSIM61 (since there have been 4 major releases since then), so it should be beneficial in all sorts of ways.

If the problem still persists after updating your version, please follow the advice in the message and contact Cadence Customer Support, as it will then be indicative of an unresolved bug (which might be triggered by user error, who knows, so cust support may be able to suggest a workaround).

Regards,

Andrew
    • Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Jan 22 2010 11:14 AM

• Quek
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 14 2009
    • Singapore, 00-SG
    • Posts 1,051
    • Points 15,990
    Hi kivvzhou

Actually it would not really be possible to tell what went wrong because the error message which you have posted is quite generic. It simply states that pss cannot complete due to some errors. Such errors can be due to convergence problems during the simulation, bugs that lead to crashes, design issues, etc. There can be many causes for it. It would be good if you can retry using the latest MMSIM72 to see if the same problem occurs or provide more info on the error (e.g. upload the spectre log file).

Best regards
    Quek
  • Fri, Jan 22 2010 11:50 AM

• kivvzhou
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 22 2010
    • Posts 3
    • Points 75

thank all of you kindly reply. there no more information about the error , just as I show you above. I just put the avdd as a varible value , then change the power avdd from 3.0v to 3.6v ,use a linear fashion, step 0.1v , then just can run sweeppss-000, that's mean just run avdd=3.0v,then it can't run the second avdd=3.1v and so on.

I use even more older version spectre , it can run the pss sweep correctly.

recently I don't plan to update new version mmsim 7.2. thank you! 

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Jan 22 2010 2:32 PM

Hmm. You're not doing anything unusual, and countless people will do this kind of thing without the simulator failing with an internal error, so it must be related to your exact data (circuit, models, etc, etc).

Usually with an internal error, it tells you which line in the code it was failing at. Posting the log file might help identify the problem. However, if the problem is known (which may be hard to check with such an old version), the solution would almost certainly be to move to a newer MMSIM version. You don't seem to be prepared to do that, so it's really rather hard to see how you expect the problem to be solved.

Regards,

Andrew.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by kivvzhou at 22 Jan 2010 10:51 AM. Topic has 4 replies.