Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > autosave option in 6.1.3 version

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

autosave option in 6.1.3 version 

Last post Sun, Jan 24 2010 3:03 PM by chlascrew. 7 replies.
Started by shushan 21 Jan 2010 01:05 PM. Topic has 7 replies and 2074 views
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jan 21 2010 1:05 PM

• shushan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 26 2009
    • Yerevan, Armenia
    • Posts 27
    • Points 405
    autosave option in 6.1.3 version Reply

Hi,

Can you please help me to set an autosave option in 6.1.3 version?

I have tried to set dbSetAutoSave(t 100) ,but it returns error connected with unrecognise "t".

It seems that this version is no longer support autosave option.

Is there no way to implement that?

The desigred result will be the setting autosave with timing variables (for example to autosave the view after each 10 minutes). 

It is  very important.

Thanks,

Shushan
    • Post Points: 35
  • Thu, Jan 21 2010 1:44 PM

Re: autosave option in 6.1.3 version Reply

Hi Shushan,

Are you sure you're using IC613? dbSetAutoSave() was not in the earlier versions of IC61, because it was not available in OpenAccess, but it was added in 6.1.2.500.10, and is in all versions of IC613 (I tested the first version, 6.1.3.1 and the latest Hotfix, 6.1.3.500.17). Note that the second argument is the counter increment between saves - a measure of the amount of change. Check Help->About in the CIW to see you really are using IC613. Can you post the exact excerpt from your CDS.log file which shows what you entered, and what the error was? I suspect you made a typo, if it said that "t" was unrecognized.

If you want a time-based auto-save, then look at Cadence Online Support Solution 11026354.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jan 21 2010 4:15 PM

• shushan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Yerevan, Armenia
    • Posts 27
    • Points 405

Andrew, 

Thanks a lot for quick response. We are using IC61.3.500.10 version for sure. You were right I’ve tried once again with the new session of virtuoso and it does not give any Error.

You wrote: Note that the second argument is the counter increment between saves - a measure of the amount of change.

So, if I am not mistaken, the number which was given to "t" will be a measure of the amount of change? If it is so, what does it mean and how i can use it?

Unfortunately could not register to online support site, maybe due to some issues with network. I will try later as well, but if it is not hard can you please drop that solution into this page?

Is it possible to contact to the cadence support interactively (like in Yahoo messenger, etc.)?

Thanks,

Shushan 

• Thu, Jan 21 2010 4:29 PM

Hi Shushan,

The first argument to dbSetAutoSave() is either t or nil. This means to enable or disable auto-save. The second argument is the increment in the modifyCounter attribute on the cellView which triggers the change. Each database change in OpenAccess causes the modifyCounter attribute to be incremented, and so the number you specify is the number of changes in the OA database which trigger an auto-save. Bear in mind that some commands in Virtuoso may actually make a number of database changes in one go. The meaning is therefore rather different to what it was in CDB, where the number was the number of change "chunks" that were made (effectively you could modify a whole chunk of things in one go, and it would only be counted as 1).

I don't want to post the solution code here, because Solutions are really intended for customers with support contracts. It's possible to contact customer support via email (support@cadence.com) but not via instant messenger. The reason being is that we give each request for service a "Service Request Number" and that is then tracked throughout the whole transaction. Most questions for Cadence tools are usually not just a trivial question which could be answered by a brief IM conversation - and also by using the Service Request approach, we can route the SR to an appropriate AE with the right skills for the product being asked about (as we have a very large number of different products).

This forum is not intended to be a replacement for Customer Support; instead it's intended to be a forum for the community as a whole to contribute and help out with suggestions and hints. It's reliant on the goodwill of all of those that contribute here, but for detailed customer support, you should go through the official channels.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Thu, Jan 21 2010 4:51 PM

• shushan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Yerevan, Armenia
    • Posts 27
    • Points 405

Andrew,

Thanks,i'll try support@cadence.com,and  Solution 11026354 as well.

The Error again appiars:

dbSetAutoSave (t 10)
    *Error* eval: undefined function - t

Regards,

Shushan 

• Thu, Jan 21 2010 5:14 PM

That's because you put a space between the function name and the open parenthesis. If you do this, it is interpreted as the same as:

dbSetAutoSave(t(10))

which is not what you wanted - t is not a function. This is all to do with the fact that various syntaxes (C-like and LISP, to name but two) are supported in SKILL, and so if using the C-like syntax, you must not put a space between a function name and the opening parenthesis.

Miss out the space, and it will work.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Thu, Jan 21 2010 5:29 PM

• shushan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Yerevan, Armenia
    • Posts 27
    • Points 405

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards,

Shushan 

• Post Points: 5
  • Sun, Jan 24 2010 3:03 PM

• chlascrew
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 24 2010
    • <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?><string>Miami, FL</string>
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25

thanks for the answers..need it also..

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by shushan at 21 Jan 2010 01:05 PM. Topic has 7 replies.