Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Set Context / Calibre RVE?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Set Context / Calibre RVE? 

Last post Fri, Jan 15 2010 11:51 AM by kbhow. 2 replies.
Started by PolygonSlinger 15 Jan 2010 02:54 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 1253 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Jan 15 2010 2:54 AM

Set Context / Calibre RVE? Reply

I don't know if this is a Virtuoso or a Calibre issue.

I am fixing DRCs on large sections of a product.  Many of the DRCs are in subcells so my work flow goes: Zoom to error, edit in place and fix error, zoom to next error.  The problem is the tool is  forcing me to set the context back to the top level before zooming to the next DRC (and also saving the subcell) which often takes me to another error inside the same cell.

I know that you can zoom to the next error without returning to the top - but I don't know where this property is set - in virtuoso or in RVE or in the DRC flow itself.

Any ideas?

• Post Points: 35
  • Fri, Jan 15 2010 10:36 AM

Re: Set Context / Calibre RVE? Reply
    Hi PolygonSlinger,

Since Mentor's RVE is the tool which is controlling the display of DRC errors and initiating the zooms, this really is a question for Mentor - so best to contact them or ask in a more Mentor-related forum.

It's always possible that someone here will know the answer though.

Regards,

Andrew
    • Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Jan 15 2010 11:51 AM

• kbhow
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, May 6 2009
    • Penang, Pulau Pinang
    • Posts 120
    • Points 2,045
    Re: Set Context / Calibre RVE? Reply

Hi PolygonSlinger,

This is the constrain and limitationof Calibre RVE tool. Since you are running the DRC check on top cells, it will create a ascii file with coordinate, where this coordinate is based on top level.

Just open the result ascii file, on top of ascii file, you should able to see the top level cell name and precision which RVE use this cell name to identify the cellview to zoom. If you eip or descend edit into subcell, it will failed to zoom and require user to back to top level.

If you are using latest version of Calibre RVE, such as lv_micro.2009.4_23.21, this will be more flexible in zooming. RVE will open a new cell view when the DRC happened in subcell.

I may not answer 100% correctly, and this is what i understand. For more detail info, you may ask in Mentor forum.

Regards,

How

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by PolygonSlinger at 15 Jan 2010 02:54 AM. Topic has 2 replies.