Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Locating devices in an extracted view

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Locating devices in an extracted view 

Last post Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:11 PM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by Orcun 08 Jan 2010 04:34 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 1554 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Jan 8 2010 4:34 PM

• Orcun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 25 2009
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    Locating devices in an extracted view Reply

Hello,

i have been trying to find the coordinates of the transistors in an extracted view. The cellview~>instances~>bBox command isnt working correctly. I have tried it on two different extracted views, and it returns a bounding box that is about 2 times larger than it should be. For example i get the bBox: (9.644 14.72) (16.296 19.91) by using the skill command ~>bBox,  but when i look at it graphically, its actually located at (12.00 14.72) (13.00 18.72) which has a length of 1 and a width of 4 and is correct. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks a lot

Regards

Orcun Kilic

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Jan 8 2010 5:31 PM

Re: Locating devices in an extracted view Reply

Hi Orcun,

That's probably because you're seeing the bounding box of the symbol that is part of the instantiated transistor.

If you use cellView~>instances~>xy you'll get the origin of the transistor - normally a corner of the gate. Does that help?

Is this a Diva extracted view or an Assura/QRC extracted view. If Diva, I believe there's another property stored on the instance which is the area of the recognition layer (from memory - I didn't check) which you could also use.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Fri, Jan 8 2010 5:42 PM

• Orcun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 25 2009
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the prompt answer. I believe its an Assura extracted view.  With cellView~>instances~>xy i get the upperleft corner of the gate, but that doesnt tell me in which direction the transistor is stretching(if i should take the x direction as the transistor length or the y direction).

Regards

Orcun Kilic

• Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:11 PM

Actually I think it's if the extract rules have a call to saveRecognition() for that device, regardless of whether it's Diva or Assura. If that's the case, there's a property added to the instance with the coordinates of the recognition layer - which should give you the gate.

Other than that, all you have is the origin of the device. 

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Orcun at 08 Jan 2010 04:34 PM. Topic has 3 replies.