Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Transform Shapes

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Transform Shapes 

Last post Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:08 AM by Andrew Beckett. 4 replies.
Started by RoiZano 14 Dec 2009 08:39 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 1564 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Dec 14 2009 8:39 AM

• RoiZano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 14 2009
    • Posts 8
    • Points 175
    Transform Shapes Reply

Hi,

I am working on skill that calculate the resistance of net.

when i'm calculating the net i'm getting a problem ...

the problem is in the db~>Bbox .

I need to transform the downlevel to the upper level to retrive a real bBox information.

Please Help me with that.

Roi.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Dec 14 2009 8:48 AM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,567
    • Points 15,575
    Re: Transform Shapes Reply

Hi Roi,

You will need either dbTransformBBox() or geTransformUserBBox() SKILL functions. I'm sorry I haven't got time to show an example, but search the documentation or Solutions on the on-line support site and you should get some good pointers.

Best regards,

Lawrence.

• Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:25 AM

• RoiZano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 14 2009
    • Posts 8
    • Points 175

Hi Lawrence,

Could you please explain how to use this Skill functions.

The main thing that i need is to move all the items to the top level (Highest Hirerchi) all that to calculate the pathes and the Vias.

Any one that could help please replay...

Roi.

• Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:38 AM

• dmay
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Allen, TX
    • Posts 393
    • Points 7,415

Roi,
    First you need to get the transform of the item you are dealing with. You left this information out, so I'm not sure if you are dealing with shapes or instances and how deep you might be in the hierarchy. Do you have the hierarchical path of instances to your obect so you can get the transfrom through each level of hierarchy? If you are using something like dbGetTrueOverlaps, you have this information in the results it returns. Without knowing many details, let me give you the basics.

If you have and instance id instId, you can get the transform like this:
    trans = instId~>transform
    This transform is nothing more than the xy location of the instance in a cellview, its rotation and its magnification. Something like:
    list((50.5 100.5) "R90" 1.0)

If you have a shape inside that instance, you can transform its bounding box using this command:
    topBbox = dbTransformBBox(shapeId~>bBox trans)

If you have multiple levels of hierarchy, then you'll need to combine transforms through the hierarchy. Let's assume you have a hierarchy with an instance of yourCell called yourInst placed in cell level2, an instance of level2 called L2 placed in a cell level1, and an instance of level1 called L1 placed in cell top. Your shape is shapeId inside of yourCell.
    Thus your cell hierarchy looks like this: top - level1 - level2 - yourCell
    Your instance hierarchy looks like this: L1 - L2 - yourInst - shapeId

If L1, L2 and yourInst are all instance ids that you have already collected, then you need to do the following:
    newTrans=nil
    foreach(inst list(yourInst L2 L1)
       if(newTrans then
          newTrans = dbConcatTransform(newTrans inst~>transform)
       else
          newTrans = inst~>transform
       )
    )

This loop is combining the transforms while moving up the hierarchy. The transform of yourInst must be "concatenated" with the transform of L2. This in turn needs to be concatenated with L1. When this loop is finished, you will have newTrans. This loop will work with as many levels of hierarchy as you have. You can now transform your bBox:

topBox = dbTransformBBox(shapeId~>bBox newTrans)

Please note that if you want to transform the bBox of an instance, you DO NOT need the instance id in the foreach loop. In other words, if you simply wanted the transform of yourInst instead of shapeId, then yourInst should be removed from the list in the foreach.

I hope this helps.

Derek

• Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:08 AM

Roi,

You may also find the code in Cadence Online Support Solution 11328674 useful to understand how to do transformation. This uses dbConcatTransform to combine the transformations at each level of hierarchy to copy shapes from a specific layer up the hierarchy.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by RoiZano at 14 Dec 2009 08:39 AM. Topic has 4 replies.