Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > SKILL in IC613

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

SKILL in IC613 

Last post Tue, Dec 8 2009 6:00 PM by kbhow. 2 replies.
Started by kbhow 07 Dec 2009 04:45 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 1084 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:45 PM

• kbhow
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, May 7 2009
    • Penang, Pulau Pinang
    • Posts 120
    • Points 2,045
    SKILL in IC613 Reply

Hi,

May i know where can i find the changes of SKILL coding between IC611 and IC613. I found out that some of my coding doesn't works in IC613 but IC611.

Thanks

How

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Dec 7 2009 8:44 PM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,587
    • Points 15,915
    Re: SKILL in IC613 Reply

Hi How,

If you use the "Surveyor" from the SKILL Development Toolbox (Tools -> SKILL Development) you can analyse (tabulate) your SKILL codeand have the resultant file sent to Cadence for automated processing.  What you will get back will include a history of changes for each function, showing each version up to the current how the function changed (e.g. there was an addition to the function arguments, or there was an incompatible change to the function arguments etc.)  You can specify in the tabulation process whether you want to exclude your own custom functions so that only Cadence functions are considered.  You should run this from the most recent version that you have, i.e. IC613.  Note that the surveyor exists in IC5141 too, under the name "SKILL Surveyor"

To summarise, there is a two step process with the Surveyor: 1) gather the function names used ("tabulate"), 2) send this file for automated processing. 

Of course another approach is to look at the "What's New" sections of the manual, but they are per-release, so you might need to view IC612 and IC613 in order to see what had changed between IC611 and IC613 - the above process is more automated and can help guide you to specific functions that changed, then you could view the documentation for more details.

I hope that this helps to answer your question.

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Dec 8 2009 6:00 PM

• kbhow
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, May 7 2009
    • Penang, Pulau Pinang
    • Posts 120
    • Points 2,045
    Re: SKILL in IC613 Reply

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks a lot for all the info. I don't really use Skill Development Toolbox functions except SKILL Lint. :)

Now i learn more and more from you and the forum. Thanks

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by kbhow at 07 Dec 2009 04:45 PM. Topic has 2 replies.