Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Connecting two paths together

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Connecting two paths together 

Last post Tue, Nov 3 2009 1:36 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by cado 03 Nov 2009 01:15 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 894 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Nov 3 2009 1:15 AM

• cado
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 30 2009
    • Posts 4
    • Points 95
    Connecting two paths together Reply

I want to stretch and connect two paths which are apart by less than a fixed spacing(say 0.003 micron). This is needed because while doing dbLayerTile(), the newly created rectangles, which were part of the same polygon sometime tend to be cut apart by 0.003 u or so.

Any idea on how to implement this?

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Nov 3 2009 1:36 AM

Re: Connecting two paths together Reply

What subversion of virtuoso are you using? (Do help->About in the CIW). There was an issue at one point where the dbLayer functions were snapping to the mfg grid - this was later changed back, and an optional argument added to allow gridding to be performed if needed (see Cadence Online Support Solution 11481956 for more details).

Otherwise I can't see why you'd end up with these small gaps. Also, dbLayerTile produces rectangles/polygons, yet you're talking about paths -  I assume this must be related to your other similar post?

Anyway, the best solution is to try to prevent these gaps from happening in the first place. It seems a little odd that there are 0.003 spaced gaps - is the data not on grid in the first place?

Best Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by cado at 03 Nov 2009 01:15 AM. Topic has 1 replies.