Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > access sst2 data with skill

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

access sst2 data with skill 

Last post Tue, Oct 27 2009 5:11 PM by MarkSummers. 1 replies.
Started by MarkSummers 19 Oct 2009 07:46 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 2119 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Oct 19 2009 7:46 PM

• MarkSummers
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 18 2009
    • Raleigh, NC
    • Posts 33
    • Points 525
    access sst2 data with skill Reply

I am running some ncsim simulaitons using wreal(digital mixed signal).  I want to be able to use skill code on this data.  I can export signals from simvision to sst2 format.  I can load this with viva(or wavescan) browser and plot data.  However if I want to use skill functions I get an error.  I saw a solution regarding using mdl version.  However I was not able to do anything with digital bus signals such as convert to analog  or even send them to the calculator.  I would prefer to access this data with skill(digital signals, digital busses, and real value signals).  I beleive there are routines to get this data to matlab, but then I have to use a license for this and that seems like overkill.  Are there any skill functions to acess a sst2 data base that comes from something like ncsim.  If all else fails I can read text data from a file, but I would like to avoid this because I think sst2 interface would be faster.  Any help is appreciated. 

• Post Points: 5
  • Tue, Oct 27 2009 5:11 PM

• MarkSummers
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 18 2009
    • Raleigh, NC
    • Posts 33
    • Points 525
    Re: access sst2 data with skill Reply

I found a source link solution for this.  I list it below

Just make sure logFileAMS has the correct .trn file name.

How to read AMS Designer standalone results with Ocean or Wavescan.

solDiv{ width: expression(parseInt(document.documentElement.clientWidth)*0.7 + "px"); word-wrap: break-word; overflow: hidden; } solDiv p{margin-left:0px;} .solDiv ol {list-style:decimal outside none;margin-left:20px;} .solDiv ul {list-style:disc outside none;margin-left:20px;} .solDiv blockquote {margin-left:25px;}
    Error Message
    None
    Problem

You have run a standalone AMS simulation and are attempting to open the results with Ocean or plot expressions with Wavescan, but get one of the following error messages:

"The directory you specified does not contain valid PSF results. Please check the line for typographical errors or look in the directory for a logFile and PSF result files."

or

"Unable to process signal from databases without a proper waveform database logFile.  The database was likely produced outside of the Analog Design Environment."

or

Evaluation error(INCORRECT DATA DIR : Data directory must point to valid simulation results.). Expression: getData("vin" ?resultsDir "run/waves.shm" ?result "tran-tran")

How can you work around this?

Solution

PCR 874663 and 745401 have been filed for this. 3 key text files are not created when simulating from the command line which prevent Ocean and Wavescan expressions from working properly. These files are runObjFile, logFileAMS, and logFile.  

As a workaround, you can copy these 3 files from a similar existing results directory which was run from the environment, you will now be able to use the results. Similar means same analysis types and database name.

If multiple snapshots are saved you will have multiple numbered databases such as waves.trn, waves-1.trn, and waves-2.trn.   To load all of these, change the database name in logFileAMS from "waves.trn" to "." .

Document attributes
    Solution ID:11229818
    Created:03/09/2006 13:37:40
    Last Modified:10/21/2009 08:58:30
    Product:AMS Designer
    Product Version:5.1.41
    HW Platform:All
    O/S Version:N/A
    SW Release: 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by MarkSummers at 19 Oct 2009 07:46 PM. Topic has 1 replies.