The requirement for license 111 (Cadence(R) Design Framework II license) started in IC612. This means that if you are using IC610 or IC611, you will not need this license. It is not related to vse-L license and as stated in solution 11389172, it is required for the following:
* Starting Virtuoso applications in either graph or no-graph mode
* Launching routines that interact with DFII data; for example, CDF, Pcells, param
* Accessing Cadence data using itkDb
* Using oa2cdb and cdb2oa data translators
* Launching the OSS netlisters
You can also read more about this on p 19 of "Virtuoso Software Licensing and Configuration Guide" at $CDSHOME/doc/dfiiconfig/dfiiconfig.pdf.
vse-L license is required for schematic editing and is not really related to license 111. Please note that it is highly inadvisable to continue usage of IC610, IC611 or IC612. If possible, please upgrade to latest ISR14 of IC613