Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Store the popup location of propertiesform

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Store the popup location of propertiesform 

Last post Mon, Oct 12 2009 6:51 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by Mondeo205 12 Oct 2009 05:56 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 1135 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Oct 12 2009 5:56 AM

• Mondeo205
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 12 2009
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85
    Store the popup location of propertiesform Reply

Hi at all,

I've searched so much, but i can not find a answer, maybe someone of you know it!

Is there a way, to store the location i.e of the "Edit Instance Properties" form?
    The hiStoreFormLocation function don't works in this case!  With this function, i was able to define all other windows i need, but not the propertyforms!

My Problem here is, that we have 2 monitors and my mainmonitor is the right one, but this propertywindows always opens on the upper left corner on the left screen and i want to have it on the right screen, thats a little explanation why i need this!!

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Oct 12 2009 6:07 AM

Re: Store the popup location of propertiesform Reply

Are you talking about the layout or schematic properties form? Which version is it you're using?

If it's the  layout edit properties form, then this definitely won't work - which is what my guess is. The form is not a SKILL form; it's a Motif form, and as such can't be controlled with the normal SKILL hi functions.

If you were using IC613, you could use the Property Assistant (Window->Assistants->Property Editor) which is a persistent assistant, which you can then maximize your screen area by using the F11 key (Windows->Workspaces->Show/Hide Assistants) to toggle the assistants on or off.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Mon, Oct 12 2009 6:27 AM

• Mondeo205
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 12 2009
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85

You are already right, I'm talking about the layout properties form!

The version we use is the IC510!

I already thought that there is no solution!

But you wrote, that the forms couldn't controlled with the Skill functions, is there maybe another way to define this??
    I think, that there must be a file, where this location is defined or I'm wrong?

Thanks for your answer!

BR

• Mon, Oct 12 2009 6:51 AM

There's a recent enhancement CCR, 713815, asking for a control over the location. However, given the response to a previous CCR (634022), the idea is that the form will ultimately be replaced (somewhere down the line in the IC6.X generation of tools) with a Qt-based form, which will solve this problem, I doubt something specific for the property editor will be added. Certainly not in IC5141.

Currently there is no way to control this in IC5141 or IC613.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Mondeo205 at 12 Oct 2009 05:56 AM. Topic has 3 replies.