Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > Fine waveform generation for publications

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Fine waveform generation for publications 

Last post Thu, Sep 17 2009 4:20 PM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by MNNIT 15 Sep 2009 03:16 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1406 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Sep 15 2009 3:16 AM

• MNNIT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 14 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    Fine waveform generation for publications Reply

Can any one say how could I get waveform that got generated from Cadence Spectre can be saved such as to be used for publications.

Actusally the images saved in png,etc forms are not with good clarity.

Can you say how could I get fine waveform image even the axis can be viewd even size is physically minimized

Thanking you

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Sep 17 2009 4:20 PM

Re: Fine waveform generation for publications Reply

You seem to have asked the same question twice, and not responded to the question about your statement about "fine waveform image even the axis can be viewd even size is physically minimized" which doesn't make sense - see http://www.cadence.com/Community/forums/p/13441/20901.aspx#20901

Anyway, my guess is that you want a png with higher resolution. The way to do this with wavescan/ViVA is to use the File->Plot to plot to a PostScript file, and then use a tool such as "pstoimg" to convert it to a png file. The PostScript can then have (say) 300 dots per inch, which will be higher resolution than on the screen. .

In future we plan to improve the printing and image generation, and I believe it will then be possible to directly generate higher resolution images (as you can in IC613 for exporting images from the schematic and layout windows).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by MNNIT at 15 Sep 2009 03:16 AM. Topic has 1 replies.