Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > ruler in virtuoso Layout L - problem solved

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ruler in virtuoso Layout L - problem solved 

Last post Fri, Sep 11 2009 9:24 PM by vikaspadu. 2 replies.
Started by vikaspadu 11 Sep 2009 06:59 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 2332 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Sep 11 2009 6:59 PM

• vikaspadu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 10 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    ruler in virtuoso Layout L - problem solved Reply

Hi all,

Thanks for the wonderful community!

I am a student at University of Texas Dallas and am a regular user of cadence for layouts.

the new version of cadence - ie 6.1 was recently installed in our system. The interface is fine, but I am facing problem during drawing layouts. The ruler seems to work fine when nothing is drawn (layout is empty). As soon as even a small of rectangle (of poly of length =0.1u and height = 0.3u, say) is drawn, it will become impossible to draw a ruler at any place other than that poly. And the ruler fixes itself to the dimensions of poly i.e we can only draw rulers of 0.1u distance or higher. Basically, the pointer moves only around that rectangle and cannot be found anywhere else.

If I delete that poly, then everything functions normally - we can draw rulers of any resolution. This problem is not only with rulers but with anything that one tries to do after drawing poly(or any rectangle).

Hope I have explained the problem right. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem before. Please suggest a possible solution. 

Thanks in advance

regards , Vikas (http://linkedin.com/in/vikaspaduvalli)

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Sep 11 2009 9:11 PM

• tkhan
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 16 2008
    • Toronto, Ontario
    • Posts 159
    • Points 2,220
    Re: ruler in virtuoso Layout L Reply

sounds like you need to play around with the snap size and gravity. snap spacing can be set in the Display Options and gravity can be set in the Layout Editor Options (in IC5141, I'm not sure if the menus are the same in IC6x).

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Sep 11 2009 9:24 PM

• vikaspadu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 10 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Re: ruler in virtuoso Layout L Reply

Hi,

thanks khan, thank you all. The problem was with the .cdsenv file in the home directory. I deleted the file and it seems to work now.

regards, Vikas 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by vikaspadu at 11 Sep 2009 06:59 PM. Topic has 2 replies.