Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Cannot view output log in ADE GXL during simulation

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Cannot view output log in ADE GXL during simulation 

Last post Tue, Sep 1 2009 3:47 AM by Grover. 6 replies.
Started by Grover 01 Sep 2009 01:40 AM. Topic has 6 replies and 2270 views
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Sep 1 2009 1:40 AM

• Grover
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 19 2009
    • Posts 37
    • Points 725
    Cannot view output log in ADE GXL during simulation Reply

I've recently upgraded to 6.1, and I'm using ADE GXL for my simulations. Now when I run a simulation, I can view the Job Log by right-clicking on the "display" icon in the "Run Mode" Assistant. It then says that I should "right-click the test name on the Outputs assistant pane and choose Output Log menu option" to see the output from the simulator. But when I click this while the simulation is running, this option is greyed out. It only becomes available after the simulation has finished.

This makes it pretty much useless, because I want to see the simulator output to check how long I have to wait. Why is the output log unavailable during simulation?

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Sep 1 2009 1:44 AM

Re: Cannot view output log in ADE GXL during simulation Reply

I know in early IC61 versions this was a problem, but it's been fixed for some time, as far as I know.

What simulator are you using, and what subversion of Virtuoso (Help->About in the CIW will tell you this)?

Regards,

Andrew.

• Tue, Sep 1 2009 2:07 AM

• Grover
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 37
    • Points 725

I'm using Spectre, and Virtuoso IC6.1.0.243. If I remember correctly, it did work last week, when I was trying out the new bugs and features. But today, when I'm trying to run a real simulation (and a slow one at that), the option has just become unavailable.

• Tue, Sep 1 2009 2:13 AM

That version is the very first IC6 release. IC61 was a major change, and a lot of things have improved since then. In fact, that version is no longer supported - currently only IC613 based releases are supported (IC613 is an update release from IC610, which was released nearly 3 years ago; using the base release for a major upgrade 3 years after it is released is just leaving yourself open to lots of unnecessary issues which have been solved in the meantime).

The problem you're referring to was certainly a bug in the past, but it was fixed some considerable time ago.

Is it possible for you to use IC613?

Best Regards,

Andrew.

• Tue, Sep 1 2009 3:11 AM

• Grover
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 37
    • Points 725

I've had a chat with our system admin, and apparently we have 6.1.3, though it's not certain whether it works since nobody is using it.

Of course, I've tried running it, and it gives me a rather cryptic error message:

/u/55/55/cadence/6.1.3/lnx86/IC61/tools/dfII/bin/32bit/virtuoso: symbol lookup error: /u/55/55/cadence/6.1.3/lnx86/IC61/tools/dfII/bin/32bit/virtuoso: undefined symbol: _ZN12OpenAccess_419oaVersionedObserverINS_6oaTechELj2EEC2Ej

So I'm not entirely sure whether this is going to work. Any ideas about this error message?

• Tue, Sep 1 2009 3:20 AM

My guess is that you have $OA_HOME set and pointing to the wrong place. Best to leave this environment variable unset. Either that or the share/oa link in the IC613 installation is not pointing at the OpenAccess installation in the IC613 installation directory?

Regards,

Andrew.

• Tue, Sep 1 2009 3:47 AM

• Grover
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 37
    • Points 725

I've removed $OA_HOME from my startup file, and now it works! And I can see the output log while the simulation is running. So far it looks OK, so thanks for your help!

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Grover at 01 Sep 2009 01:40 AM. Topic has 6 replies.