Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > behavioral VHDL description to Cadence Schematic

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

behavioral VHDL description to Cadence Schematic 

Last post Tue, Sep 1 2009 2:30 AM by Andrew Beckett. 2 replies.
Started by PrachiB 27 Aug 2009 08:45 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 1605 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Aug 27 2009 8:45 AM

• PrachiB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 27 2009
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100
    behavioral VHDL description to Cadence Schematic Reply

I am new to cadence environment. I want to import some behavioral VHDL files to cadence and make cell library with it. I DO NOT want to synthesize the design and make layout. How do I go about it ? When I try to import behavioral VHDL files using VHDL In toolbox, it is not getting imported? Does VHDL toolbox import only for structural files?

• Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Aug 28 2009 11:26 AM

• PrachiB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 27 2009
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100
    Re: behavioral VHDL description to Cadence Schematic Reply

I think I should elaborate the problem a bit.

I am using Custom IC Design Tools, Virtuoso Front to Back Design Environment IC6.1.2.500.14.

I use Import form in the VHDL toolbox to import .vhd file into virtuoso. As all my files are behavioral, I wanted to know can this VHDL import form import behavioral VHDL files. There is option in the import form "import structural VHDL files as" with options Schematic, netlist and vhdl, what am I supposed to select when the files are behavioral ?

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Sep 1 2009 2:30 AM

Re: behavioral VHDL description to Cadence Schematic Reply

You would need to pick "vhdl". If the code is to be imported as vhdl (rather than as a connectivity database ("netlist") or a full schematic ("schematic")), then you'd pick vhdl. If the code is behavioural it will get imported as vhdl no matter what you pick, because you can't create a schematic from behavioural code.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by PrachiB at 27 Aug 2009 08:45 AM. Topic has 2 replies.