Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Parametric analysis with SKILL

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Parametric analysis with SKILL 

Last post Thu, Aug 27 2009 9:01 PM by gilberts. 4 replies.
Started by Orcun Kilic 25 Aug 2009 02:26 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 1080 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Aug 25 2009 2:26 AM

Parametric analysis with SKILL Reply

hello,

im trying to implement a SKILL code that does parametric analysis with a list of values given by the user. I copy paste the script that i get from save script in ADE and replace "run()" with the parametric analysis command that is also exactly like the "save script" script  in the built-in Param. Ana. tool. With the AWD waveform tool i get a random number of curves that are wrong. For example i have 15 values and 15 curves with different values( the values are correctly shown at the top of the waveform window), i get 2, sometimes 3 curves but for example 7 of the values are stacked together on 1 curve allthough their values differ. Funny thing is, i get the correct curves with the wavescan tool. I could live with that but when i also want to see the risetime of the voltages, i get wrong results with both waveform tools. The same problem again, it displays values correctly at the top but the the tool thinks 7-8 of the curves are exactly the same and it stacks them. I greatly appreciate any ideas.

best regards

Orcun Kilic

• Post Points: 35
  • Tue, Aug 25 2009 4:08 AM

Re: Parametric analysis with SKILL Reply

I cannot think of any good reason why you should be having these problems, from your description. You probably will be best served by packaging up your example, and submitting a service request to Cadence Customer support who can investigate in detail (a little hard to do that in a public forum).

Potentially you could just post your OCEAN script here, together with info on the subversion you're using (Help->About in the CIW, or the SKILL function getVersion(t) ). Also the version of the simulator would be useful too.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
  • Wed, Aug 26 2009 9:13 PM

• gilberts
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 23 2009
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

Just an idea.

Is the list of values given in ascending order?

In my experience with sweep analysis, if the arrangement of the values drops down, the value of the last highest value is assumed.

This could be a reason why several waveforms are stacking.

Maybe. 

Have a good day.

Gilbert

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Aug 27 2009 2:15 AM

• OrcunKilic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 27 2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20

Great idea Gilbert! It worked! Icant believe it was that simple. Thank you very very much.

Regards

Orcun

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Aug 27 2009 9:01 PM

• gilberts
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 23 2009
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

OrcunKilic:

Great idea Gilbert! It worked! Icant believe it was that simple. Thank you very very much.

Regards

Orcun

You're welcome.

Its nice to know that I was able to help.

Have a nice day.

Gilbert

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Orcun Kilic at 25 Aug 2009 02:26 AM. Topic has 4 replies.