Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Sroute and vias in Encounter

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Sroute and vias in Encounter 

Last post Fri, Aug 21 2009 5:52 AM by konx. 0 replies.
Started by konx 21 Aug 2009 05:52 AM. Topic has 0 replies and 1160 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Aug 21 2009 5:52 AM

• konx
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 3 2009
    • Amsterdam, Netherlands
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135
    Sroute and vias in Encounter Reply

Hi.

I have the following problem: I'm using Encounter. I have a 'L-shape' floorplan, and I can put power rings (so, VDD and VSS lines) only in vertical direction using M2 layer (and this is working). Then, I have to connect these lines on opposite sides with horizontal connections (using M1). At the moment to do it I'm using the sroute command, and Encounter is able to connect correctly these lines; is it correct using the sroute command? or it would be better to use the addStripe command? And, even more important, what is the difference between stripe and sroute? to me, they seem to do the exact same thing.

Question 2: suppose I can connect in the right way VDD and VSS lines using the sroute. Now, I can see auto-generated vias at the intersection between horizontal and vertical layout lines. But these vias are not the vias defined in the LEF file, as far as I can understand. They are custom vias. How can I tell to Encounter to use other vias or, at least, put manually the LEF-via and not the custom-generated via?

Thanks for help!

Francesco.

Filed under: , ,
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by konx at 21 Aug 2009 05:52 AM. Topic has 0 replies.