Home > Community > Forums > IC Packaging and SiP Design > Setting up Pin Pair in Constraints

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Setting up Pin Pair in Constraints 

Last post Thu, Sep 24 2009 3:41 PM by jhorner. 1 replies.
Started by Mstrghettorigg 20 Aug 2009 08:20 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1965 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Aug 20 2009 8:20 PM

Setting up Pin Pair in Constraints Reply
    Hello Everyone, I was wondering if there was a way to set up the pin pair to multiple net that is connected to same components. For example, a bus group going from IC100 to CN100, but there are other connections and I can't use the "Pin Pair" Column on the constraints manager (Logest/Shortest pin pair). Is there anyways to set the pin pairs for multiple nets by specifying two different points? If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I am using 15.7 and 16.2.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Sep 24 2009 3:41 PM

• jhorner
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 21 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 6
    • Points 75
    Re: Setting up Pin Pair in Constraints Reply

It sounds like you may be able to use a ECset that defines the delay values desired between just those two reference designators. When it applies the ECSet to the various nets using that ECSet it will try to do the matching based on refdes so that just may solve your problem. I'll assume that the bus group in question has basically the same set of connections (ie same number of pins they attach to) , if not find the bit with the most connections and extract into SigXP. Add the Set Optional  pin for the extra component,  Set Constraints, and select theIC100, CN100 pins enter the values desired and save the ecset back to the design. This can then be referenced by any number of nets as long as they have the similar connections. There is some good documentation on the use of ECSets in the online help. 

John Horner Application Engineer Cadence
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Mstrghettorigg at 20 Aug 2009 08:20 PM. Topic has 1 replies.