Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > spectre simulation error

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

spectre simulation error 

Last post Mon, Aug 24 2009 12:56 AM by haikom. 1 replies.
Started by Pramod 10 Aug 2009 03:48 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 982 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Aug 10 2009 3:48 AM

• Pramod
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Posts 5
    • Points 70
    spectre simulation error Reply
    Hi, I am doing distributed spectre simulation through an OCEAN script and i need to run close to 270 jobs in one go. What i am noticing is that the most of the simulations are going through fine.But due to some LSF setting issue few jobs are getting failed (not getting submitted)and it fails to generate even the spectre.out file. I know it is more a problem in our LSF setup. But i had couple of queries related to this (though easy to find a fix here rather than fixing our setup which may take more time) 1,Is there any way to provide the number of job submitted at a time to the LSF using Ocean? I checked the documentation couldn't find from my side. 2,Due to this issue what is happening is that I am forced to re-submit the jobs which may again fail or forced to split my runs into blocks there by editing my setup files. So is there a way to tell spectre environment to re-run only the ones which have not even RUN (no spectre.out)? This way may be in two steps I may be able to finish the set of runs.(without editing the setup files). Any help is really appreciated. Thanks, Pramod
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Aug 24 2009 12:56 AM

• haikom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 16 2008
    • Berlin, Berlin
    • Posts 12
    • Points 165
    Re: spectre simulation error Reply

hi,

are all jobs submitted to machines using the same operation system? If it is a mixed setup, try to submit the jobs only to machines using the same operating system (os) to find out, whether it is a problem of the os-setup/installation.

regards

haikom

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Pramod at 10 Aug 2009 03:48 AM. Topic has 1 replies.