Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > output pin connected to power/ground net

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

output pin connected to power/ground net 

Last post Wed, Feb 7 2007 8:49 AM by archive. 1 replies.
Started by archive 07 Feb 2007 08:49 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1580 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Feb 7 2007 8:49 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,910
    output pin connected to power/ground net Reply

Hello,
    I was trying to place and route a design with SOC Encounter after power planning and synthesis.

My earlier trials of place and route without power nets were going relatively smoothly. After synthesizing power plan, I started to get many (~40) messages like

**WARN: (SOCDB-2078):   Output pin Y of instance x0 is connected to ground net n_2.
    **WARN: (SOCDB-2078):   Output pin Y of instance x1 is connected to ground net n_1.
    **WARN: (SOCDB-2078):   Output pin Y of instance x2 is connected to power net n_15.
    **WARN: (SOCDB-2078):   Output pin Y of instance x3 is connected to power net n_14.
    **WARN: (SOCDB-2078):   Output pin Y of instance x4 is connected to power net n_13.

I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this warning? I cannot make any sense of it. Many thanks in advance.

-aydin

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by balkanay
    • Post Points: 0
  • Thu, Feb 22 2007 8:48 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,910
    RE: output pin connected to power/ground net Reply

Update:
    In case anybody faces this problem, I was able to eliminate warnings by giving unique names to all power/gnd nets, such as n_pwr_1, n_gnd_2, instead of using the synthesizer-generated generic net names such as n_1, n_2.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by balkanay
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 07 Feb 2007 08:49 AM. Topic has 1 replies.