Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Swept Variable in Monte Carlo Analysis, IC-6.1.3

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Swept Variable in Monte Carlo Analysis, IC-6.1.3 

Last post Mon, Jun 29 2009 8:53 AM by Akshat. 1 replies.
Started by gokce 29 Jun 2009 08:23 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 2206 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jun 29 2009 8:23 AM

• gokce
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 3 2009
    • Posts 13
    • Points 245
    Swept Variable in Monte Carlo Analysis, IC-6.1.3 Reply

Hi,

I am trying to do a variable sweep in Monte Carlo Analysis in IC-6.1.3. This was pretty easy to do in earlier versions (even in 6.1.0), but I am having trouble in this version.

I launch ADE XL, define my variables, and generate the sweep values by right clicking on the variable of interest in Data View pane. The parametric sweep runs without a problem.

When I try to run a Monte Carlo Analysis (Run-> Monte Carlo Sampling) with the sweep, I get the following error:

ADEXL-1742: Cannot Run Monte Carlo Sampling with swept variable/parameters. You are trying to run Monte Carlo with sweeps enabled. This is currently not supported in ADE XL. Disable all sweeps or enable Use Reference Point in the Monte Carlo Option to continue.

I go to Run->Edit Reference Point, and I see the variable I generated the sweep for (it's called Vcm). I put in the desired sweep values in the "value" column (seperated by commas), then hit OK. Then I check "Use Reference Point" in the Monte Carlo Window, and run. I get the following error:

ADEXL-1740: The following variables/parameters do not have values in the reference point: Vcm. Most ADEGXL runs require reference values for all enabled variable/parameters. Either disable the variables/parameters in the Data View Assistant, or choose 'Run->Edit Reference Point' and enter values for them.

Any ideas?

Gokce

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jun 29 2009 8:53 AM

• Akshat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 1 2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5
    Re: Swept Variable in Monte Carlo Analysis, IC-6.1.3 Reply

Hi Gokce,

In IC 6.1 and ADE XL Monte Carlo Sampling, we have never supported running Monte Carlo over a swept variable. It's one of the items on our roadmap to support.

There is a simple work-around - we do support running Monte Carlo over corners. So - simply create a Corner with your swept variable values and run Monte Carlo. That should do the trick.

Thanks!

Ak

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by gokce at 29 Jun 2009 08:23 AM. Topic has 1 replies.