Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Streaming Out to GDS and Labels Getting Modified

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Streaming Out to GDS and Labels Getting Modified 

Last post Fri, Jun 26 2009 1:53 PM by pmesa. 1 replies.
Started by pmesa 26 Jun 2009 01:42 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 894 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Jun 26 2009 1:42 PM

• pmesa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 26 2009
    • Posts 4
    • Points 35
    Streaming Out to GDS and Labels Getting Modified Reply

I am using strmout to stream out a layout from Virtuoso into a GDS file and I am seeing the labels get modified when there is a ":" in the label.  From reading the Data Design Translator's Reference manual, there is a function called poTextMap that can be used to modify a label during the streamout process.  Is this the right function that is modifying my labels?  How can I find out the loaded poTextMap function during streamout?  I tried loaded a custom poTextMap in my libInit.il file that simply returns the input parameter so that the text tag is unchanged, but this didn't work.  Any suggestions on how I can enforce my labels to be unchanged during the stream out process?

• Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Jun 26 2009 1:53 PM

• pmesa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 26 2009
    • Posts 4
    • Points 35
    Re: Streaming Out to GDS and Labels Getting Modified Reply

Thank you all for listening.  I changed the text namespace to "lef" instead of "verilog" and the label is not changed.  I tried using "native" as the namespace assuming that the label will be unchanged, but that didn't work.  My label is of the following syntax "A:B:C:D" and using "verilog" namespace, the label changes to "\A:B:C:D ".  Using "lef" does not affect my current labels.  Can using "lef" as the text namespace improperly affect any other labels?  Is there any text namespace that will not change the labels that streamed out and make them match what is drawn exactly in Virtuoso?

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by pmesa at 26 Jun 2009 01:42 PM. Topic has 1 replies.