Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > How do I plot the schematic to a file and get good quality for documentation purposes?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How do I plot the schematic to a file and get good quality for documentation purposes? 

Last post Fri, May 29 2009 2:10 PM by JohnAra. 2 replies.
Started by JohnAra 28 May 2009 04:13 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 1060 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, May 28 2009 4:13 PM

• JohnAra
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 28 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    How do I plot the schematic to a file and get good quality for documentation purposes? Reply

I have tried to plot to a file with the schematic editor and I can get a postscript file.  When I try to import this postscript file into a word processor, it is not a clear enough picture for documenation purposes.  I tried using ImageMagic to reformat the postscript file into different formats but it really doesn't help.  It seems the original plotted postscript file is just not that great.  My Cadence environment is setup for with HP laser printers (postscript) at 300dpi and 600dpi.  I tried both printers but it doesn't seem to make a difference in the quality of the schematic once it gets imported into a word processor.

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, May 29 2009 2:00 AM

Re: How do I plot the schematic to a file and get good quality for documentation purposes? Reply

Did you look at sourcelink solution 11006530 ?

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, May 29 2009 2:10 PM

• JohnAra
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 28 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    RE: How do I plot the schematic to a file and get good quality for documentation purposes? Reply
    Thanks Andrew.  I did a search on Source Link but this solution didn’t come up.  I probably had too many key words in my search.  I did get this working today, but I had to remove the EPSPreviewType=TIFF statement in order for MS Word to properly read in the eps file.  I also had to perform an add-on the Office to give it the converter for converting eps files into word.  It works much better than what I was doing before.

Thanks a lot,

John
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by JohnAra at 28 May 2009 04:13 PM. Topic has 2 replies.