Home > Community > Forums > IC Packaging and SiP Design > How to change wirebond group in APD16.2? How to use reconnect wire bond in APD16.2?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to change wirebond group in APD16.2? How to use reconnect wire bond in APD16.2? 

Last post Tue, May 5 2009 6:05 PM by Alice. 2 replies.
Started by Alice 05 May 2009 01:51 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 2357 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, May 5 2009 1:51 AM

• Alice
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 8 2008
    • Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang
    • Posts 20
    • Points 355
    How to change wirebond group in APD16.2? How to use reconnect wire bond in APD16.2? Reply

Hi all,

To change a wirebond group, I select the bondwire and right click>change group> select desired groupin the option panel>done.

However, the wire bond group does not change. Pls advice how to change if my method is not correct.

Also, how to use reconnect wire bond in 16.2. I can do it in APD15.7 but dono how in 16.2.

Regards,

Alice

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, May 5 2009 11:37 AM

• Tyler
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Tempe, AZ
    • Posts 30
    • Points 435
    Re: How to change wirebond group in APD16.2? How to use reconnect wire bond in APD16.2? Reply

Hi Alice,

Are you pressing the  apply button in the options panel after changing the group for the wire? Or are you performing a right mouse button "done" after changing the group? If you're just doing a done, you need to press apply, first, so that the command knows you are done making changes. 

Also, reconnect was combined with add wirebond. So, pick the pins just as you did in 15.7, but this time pick the add option. In the options panel, you will see at the very top the options to add a wire and/or finger. Since you only want a wire, uncheck the finger box. The options tab should then look similar to what you were used to seeing in 15.7, but with some extra options. 

Regards,
    - Tyler

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, May 5 2009 6:05 PM

• Alice
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 8 2008
    • Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang
    • Posts 20
    • Points 355
    Re: How to change wirebond group in APD16.2? How to use reconnect wire bond in APD16.2? Reply

Hi Tyler.

What a silly me =P I could not see the Apply button because the option panel is at the bottom.  Anyway, I managed to change group after I drag out the panel and click "apply".

And yes, the reconnect works now. Thanks alot for the advice. There's quite some tricks for version 16.2 =P

Regards,

Alice

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Alice at 05 May 2009 01:51 AM. Topic has 2 replies.