Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Retrieving the optimizer's variables from a goal expression

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Retrieving the optimizer's variables from a goal expression 

Last post Wed, May 6 2009 6:07 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by gsimard 04 May 2009 08:00 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 975 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, May 4 2009 8:00 AM

• gsimard
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 20 2009
    • Posts 21
    • Points 465
    Retrieving the optimizer's variables from a goal expression Reply

Hello all,

Does anyone know if there is a way to access the optimizer's variables while it is running, from a goal SKILL expression ? I have goals that depend on these variables. They are actually dummy goals that use the variables values to generate a layout and run the extraction tool, before the next simulation is ran.

I am also wondering why the optimizer is always running the same point twice at the beginning (iterations n=0 and n=1 seem to be the same values for the variables). Only at iteration 2 and the remaining does the variables change their values. This seems to be like a precious lost of time if the simulation takes a long time (which in my case does, having to extract before simulating again). I am pretty sure this is a bug, because when I try to STEP the optimizer, variables never get updated, whatever the number of times I click on STEP. I have to RUN N=3 steps or simply RUN for it to change the variables values from the n=2 iteration. Did anyone figure this out before ?

Thank you,

Guillaume

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, May 6 2009 6:07 AM

Re: Retrieving the optimizer's variables from a goal expression Reply

Which optimizer are you talking about?

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by gsimard at 04 May 2009 08:00 AM. Topic has 1 replies.