Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > schematic/layout view interaction

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

schematic/layout view interaction 

Last post Wed, Apr 22 2009 9:19 AM by craigth. 3 replies.
Started by MOSFET 21 Apr 2009 03:36 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 2498 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Apr 21 2009 3:36 PM

• MOSFET
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 12 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 32
    • Points 580
    schematic/layout view interaction Reply

Is there a feature in Cadence Virtuoso, either native or through Skill code, that will enable me to highlight a net in a schematic and have the corresponding layout net be hilighted as well, or vice-versa? 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Apr 21 2009 4:24 PM

• craigth
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 21 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 13
    • Points 365
    Re: schematic/layout view interaction Reply

The feature is called XL Probe. You will need to use the XL or GXL product tier of both Virtuoos Schematic Editor XL and Virtuoso Layout Suite XL. You can find information on the XL Probe feature in the online help or go to www.sourcelink.cadence.com and reference the online documentation. The XL Probe feature can be found in the Virtuoso Layout Suite XL User Guide, Chap. 9 Checking Design Data.

http://sourcelink.cadence.com/docs/files/Release_Info/Docs/vxlhelp/vxlhelp6.1.3/chap9.html#1033628

If you need further assistance feel free to contact Cadence Customer Support or your local Field Application Engineer

Craig Thompson Sr. Technical Leader Technical Field Operations, North America-Central Region 866.225.3138
  • Wed, Apr 22 2009 8:37 AM

• MOSFET
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 12 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 32
    • Points 580

How can I verify whether or not I am using the XL or GXL product tier of both Virtuoso Schematic Editor and Layout Suite? 

• Wed, Apr 22 2009 9:19 AM

• craigth
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 21 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 13
    • Points 365

Start Virtuoso using 'layoutPlus' or use the 'Launch > Layout XL' toolbar pulldown. The application Title Bar should indicate 'layoutPlus'. When launched it will bring up both the schematic and layout windows. If it doesn't come up you may not be licensed for XL and should get a message indicating this.

You can also check your license file for the license key strings 'Virtuoso_Layout_Suite_XL' and 'Virtuoso_Schematic_Editor_XL'.

Reference Chap 1. ''Getting Started with Layout XL' in the reference manual I indicated in my previous response on how to start using LayoutPlus.

Use of connectivity and the XLProbe function will also be dependant on correct data modeling (e.g. instance, terms, pins, etc.) and connections done in the layout. If you did the original layout in VLS L the results may need to be modified for a correct connectivity use model.

For further assistance please contact Cadence Customer Support or your local Field AE.

Craig Thompson Sr. Technical Leader Technical Field Operations, North America-Central Region 866.225.3138
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by MOSFET at 21 Apr 2009 03:36 PM. Topic has 3 replies.