Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Using the Virtuoso Analog Circuit Optimization to iterate on layout geometries

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Using the Virtuoso Analog Circuit Optimization to iterate on layout geometries 

Last post Mon, Apr 6 2009 11:17 AM by gsimard. 0 replies.
Started by gsimard 06 Apr 2009 11:17 AM. Topic has 0 replies and 1371 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Apr 6 2009 11:17 AM

• gsimard
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 20 2009
    • Posts 21
    • Points 465
    Using the Virtuoso Analog Circuit Optimization to iterate on layout geometries Reply

Hello all,

Is there a way to automate an optimization process that would need a post-layout extracted view to get its goals ?

For example, if I have written a PCELL in skill that generates a ring oscillator from transistors. The sizes of these transistors and number of inverters can be specified on the instance of the PCELL in the level 0 layout.

Then I need to place pins and labels over the right metal parts to meet my symbol's pins.

After that, I execute a layout extraction, which I read is toolkit specific and in my case could be launched from command line.

I then run a simulation from the analog environment in my test bench schematic which uses the symbol of the oscillator and I use the hierarchy editor to specify that it should use the extracted view for simulation.

I then calculate the frequency of the oscillator with the calculator (DFT, max).

The goal would then be that this frequency reach say 5 MHz, so I would like to setup the analog circuit optimization to iterate this procedure.

Can this be done easily ? If not easily, I am willing to code a bit, but I would need pointers for this one !

Thank you,

Guillaume Simard

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by gsimard at 06 Apr 2009 11:17 AM. Topic has 0 replies.