Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Design Rules Guidence

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Design Rules Guidence 

Last post Wed, Apr 1 2009 7:43 AM by Austin CAD Guy. 3 replies.
Started by Design Enginee 30 Mar 2009 04:06 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 1441 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Mar 30 2009 4:06 AM

Design Rules Guidence Reply

Hello,

I m new to Custom design and working on the design rules formed by various companies. So anybody can pls help me in finding out the design rules files from the cadence software.

Thanks

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Mar 30 2009 9:30 PM

• infy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Posts 14
    • Points 250
    Re: Design Rules Guidence Reply

Hi ,

Design rules are foundry specific, we have TSMC, UMC as major foundries.So cadence software do not have specific design rules,rather they implement the rules of the foundries.If you want to know about the rules in detail, we have technolgy file popularly known as techfile, please read techfileuser pdf  which available as part of cadence docs.

Regards,

Infy

• Tue, Mar 31 2009 11:39 PM

Thanks for replying,

Can you pls specify the exact loaction from where i can see them. i shall be very thankful to you.

• Wed, Apr 1 2009 7:43 AM

Cadence does not give out design rules for foundries. There is a set in the gpdk which is not applicable to any foundry but represents rules which drive the design tools. You have to go directly to the foundry to get their design rules as they are proprietary intellectual property. Most fabs have a Virtuoso design kit. The tools will then use the rules and devices from that design kit.

The documentation can be read from the document tools: cdsdoc in IC5141 or cdnshelp in IC6.1. The manual you want is the Virtuoso Technology Data ASCII Files Reference.

Ted

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Design Enginee at 30 Mar 2009 04:06 AM. Topic has 3 replies.