Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > How to attach these files to my current PDK library?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to attach these files to my current PDK library? 

Last post Wed, Apr 1 2009 7:36 AM by Austin CAD Guy. 3 replies.
Started by IC Layout 29 Mar 2009 08:11 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 1641 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sun, Mar 29 2009 8:11 PM

• IC Layout
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 7 2009
    • Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
    • Posts 53
    • Points 1,155
    How to attach these files to my current PDK library? Reply

Hello, Everybody!

I am using cadence IC514 version and with a PDK kit called "gpdk90". My intention is to instantiate an inverter (same as a mos transistor) and I would like to change its parameters if I wish. I had searched some cadence documents and in result I found following files   inv.callback, inv.devices, inv.cdf & inv.il. But I am not getting how to attach these files to my current gpdk library..to get an inverter in my layout window......?

Can You guide me in this way......

Thanks in advance....

Prabhakar. K

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Mar 31 2009 3:13 PM

Re: How to attach these files to my current PDK library? Reply

These SKILL files can be loaded into the working session when a library is opened by the libInit.il file in the library. This is automatically executed when the library is first opened. It is used to load any SKILL which is required by the cells in the library. 

• Wed, Apr 1 2009 1:24 AM

• IC Layout
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 7 2009
    • Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
    • Posts 53
    • Points 1,155

Hello, Mr. Austin, I have created one library using the techfile which they have given . I have copied those files (inv.* files) into this library.

Also I have created libInit.il file with the load statements for the necessary files. But I am not getting any layout correspond to that skill code also there were no error/warning messages.

If you don't mind can you please summarize your words inorder to fullfill my intention. 

thanks..regards

Prabhakar. K

• Wed, Apr 1 2009 7:36 AM

You must compile the pcell to create the pcell superMaster. The loading of the pcell SKILL probably does not execute the pcDefinePcell to create the original superMaster. Find where that procedure is defined and execute it to create the pcell. Once the pcell is defined, you do not have to load the pcDefinePcell code but must load any subroutines which is used in that pcell.

Ted

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by IC Layout at 29 Mar 2009 08:11 PM. Topic has 3 replies.