Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > How to send points from layout window to draw a multipart path

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to send points from layout window to draw a multipart path 

Last post Thu, Apr 30 2009 2:18 PM by AmitBiswas. 5 replies.
Started by infy 18 Mar 2009 04:54 AM. Topic has 5 replies and 3276 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Mar 18 2009 4:54 AM

• infy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Posts 14
    • Points 250
    How to send points from layout window to draw a multipart path Reply

Hi ,

I would like to create a MultiPart path ,by selecting points  from layout window and send it to the proceedure which creates MPP.So could you please specify ,how to take a point and send it list of such points so that I can create MultiPart Path in the path specified by those points.

Thanks & Regards,

Infy

• Post Points: 50
  • Wed, Mar 18 2009 7:33 AM

Re: How to send points from layout window to draw a multipart path Reply

The command you want to use is enterPath. The steps you want to take are documented in the Relative Object Design Users Guide, there is a very good example on exactly what you want to do.

• Post Points: 5
  • Thu, Mar 19 2009 9:16 AM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,586
    • Points 15,895

At the risk of criticism, I will repeat myself here and point you to a useful solution that contains an example of using enterPath() to gather points from the user and pass these on to a call to the rodCreatePath() function that creates a Multi Part Path.  Here is the solution code:

CIC SKILL Code Library page: CCSslotMetal.il

And here is the link to the full SourceLink solution:

How can I created slotted metal paths?

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Thu, Apr 30 2009 2:03 PM

• AmitBiswas
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 25 2009
    • Bangalore, Karnataka
    • Posts 22
    • Points 575
    Hi infy You can create your own customized Multipart Path following the above mentioned way .There is one more way by which you can do the same. If you are facing problem in only passing the point to the MPP then you can you use this command "leDefineMPPTemplate" . Here you don't have to pass the points, it will work in interactive mode just like during drawing a path user is able to see the path. Basically "leDefineMPPTemplate" and "rodCreatePath" command's syntax are similar Syntax of "leDefineMPPTemplate" tech=techGetTechFile(geGetEditCellView()) leDefineMPPTemplate( ?techId tech ?name Multipartpath_Name ; it should be a string ?layer list("prBoundary" "drawing") ; Master layer name normally set it to peBoundary ?width MPP_Width ?choppable t ?endType "flush" ?beginExt 0.000000 ?endExt 0.000000 ?justification "center" ?offset 0.000000 ?offsetSubPath offsetSubPath_list ?subRect SubRect_list ) ; end of leDefineMPPTemplate Syntax of "rodCreatePath" layername=list("prBoundary" "drawing") Points=list(list of points) rodCreatePath( ?name MPP_Name ; it should be a string ?layer layer_name ; this is the master layer name ?pts Points ?width layer_Width ; master layer width ?justification "center" ?cvId cv ?offsetSubPath offsetSubPath_list ?subRect SubRect_list ) ;end rodCreatePath only difference in "rodCreatePath" is you have to pass the Points of the MPP to the ?pts field, which is done by enterPath() function. I hope this will solve your problem. please refer "sklayoutref.pdf" to learn more about these commands Regards, Amit
  • Thu, Apr 30 2009 2:13 PM

• AmitBiswas
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Bangalore, Karnataka
    • Posts 22
    • Points 575
    I don't know why this format gets changed. To get the original format to understand better click on "Reply" then click on "Quote" , you will get the original format the way I have written. In the next reply I have attached the text file . Sorry for the inconvenience .......
  • Thu, Apr 30 2009 2:18 PM

• AmitBiswas
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Bangalore, Karnataka
    • Posts 22
    • Points 575
    AmitBiswas:
    Hi infy You can create your own customized Multipart Path following the above mentioned way .There is one more way by which you can do the same. If you are facing problem in only passing the point to the MPP then you can you use this command "leDefineMPPTemplate" . Here you don't have to pass the points, it will work in interactive mode just like during drawing a path user is able to see the path. Basically "leDefineMPPTemplate" and "rodCreatePath" command's syntax are similar Syntax of "leDefineMPPTemplate" tech=techGetTechFile(geGetEditCellView()) leDefineMPPTemplate( ?techId tech ?name Multipartpath_Name ; it should be a string ?layer list("prBoundary" "drawing") ; Master layer name normally set it to peBoundary ?width MPP_Width ?choppable t ?endType "flush" ?beginExt 0.000000 ?endExt 0.000000 ?justification "center" ?offset 0.000000 ?offsetSubPath offsetSubPath_list ?subRect SubRect_list ) ; end of leDefineMPPTemplate Syntax of "rodCreatePath" layername=list("prBoundary" "drawing") Points=list(list of points) rodCreatePath( ?name MPP_Name ; it should be a string ?layer layer_name ; this is the master layer name ?pts Points ?width layer_Width ; master layer width ?justification "center" ?cvId cv ?offsetSubPath offsetSubPath_list ?subRect SubRect_list ) ;end rodCreatePath only difference in "rodCreatePath" is you have to pass the Points of the MPP to the ?pts field, which is done by enterPath() function. I hope this will solve your problem. please refer "sklayoutref.pdf" to learn more about these commands Regards, Amit
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by infy at 18 Mar 2009 04:54 AM. Topic has 5 replies.