Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Encounter 

Last post Mon, May 8 2006 4:04 AM by archive. 1 replies.
Started by archive 08 May 2006 04:04 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1082 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, May 8 2006 4:04 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950
    Encounter Reply

hi, I have started working on Soc Encounter 4.1, after giving all inputs, i do get 3 things: 1. Core 2. Top module 3. Hard Macros here are the questions on that 1. after going to next steps i found, we r placing these hard macros inside the core, is that the only aim to place these hard macros properly in core??????? 2.where does standard cells comes into the picture? as we r only placing the hard macros, nor we can see what is inside that? Thanks, Prasad

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by p_shinde
    • Post Points: 0
  • Sun, Jul 2 2006 11:48 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950
    RE: Encounter Reply

You need to cut rows in the core area to place the standard cells after decideing on your floorplan . When you apply place-> standardcells & block placment
    from the encounter gui window keeping the macros you have already placed as "FIXED" the std cells would be placed based on the options you provide in the place dailog box.
    I am assuming that you have standard cell logic on the top_level of your design. If it is inside your macros,then ypu need to design these macros frist and than use the LEF of these mocros for yopur top_level floorplan.
    Hope I have answersd ure question.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by usha
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 08 May 2006 04:04 AM. Topic has 1 replies.