Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Spectre Recover with Appended Results

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Spectre Recover with Appended Results 

Last post Wed, Mar 18 2009 3:56 PM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by MarkASummers 06 Mar 2009 07:50 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 1711 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Mar 6 2009 7:50 AM

Spectre Recover with Appended Results Reply

I want to use the spectre recover option to extend simulation time.  Here is an example of what I want to do.

Initial simulaiton stop time at 200us with savefile saved at this time point.

I then run a new simulation using my savefile in the recover option.  I set the stop time at 400us.  

When this simulation is done, I only see simulation results from 200us to 400us.

What I want to see is the simulation results from 0 to 400us.  Is there a way to do this without explicitly knowing I need to do this before hand.  What I mean is that I discover after running my 200us that I need to run 200us more.  Of course I will have to have a savefile at 200us to do this.  I just want to be able to append the two results so any skill/calc/plot functions operate  correctly.

Thanks 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Mar 17 2009 1:02 PM

• EricCDN
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 29 2008
    • Columbia, MD
    • Posts 15
    • Points 425
    Re: Spectre Recover with Appended Results Reply

The first thing spectre does on a new simulation is delete the previous data run.

To keep the data, you need to copy 0 - 200u to a new directory.  say input.raw200u

Then restart and run 200u - 400u.  This data is saved in input.raw directory.

You then need to build a calculator expression merging the two:

v("out" ?result "tran-tran" ?resultsDir "./input.raw200u")+v("out" ?result "tran-tran" ?resultsDir "./input.raw")

• Tue, Mar 17 2009 1:52 PM

That makes sense.  So I guess there is no way to get spectre to start from the point that it stopped so that in the end only one simulation results exists.  If not the workaround should work.

Thanks 

• Wed, Mar 18 2009 3:56 PM

Eric and I discussed this - adding the two waveforms will only work if the end point of the first and start point of the second are 0 - otherwise you get a DC offset caused by the extrapolation of the end points when you add two waveforms where the axis point ranges don't coincide.

See sourcelink solution number 11522792 - this gives code for a "concatenation" function.

Also, on the Direct Plot->Main Form, when using tran, there's an option to append to a previous result directory.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by MarkASummers at 06 Mar 2009 07:50 AM. Topic has 3 replies.