Home > Community > Forums > Hardware/Software Co-Development, Verification and Integration > Extracting congestion information for each Gcell

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Extracting congestion information for each Gcell 

Last post Thu, Apr 2 2009 4:07 AM by Vaishnavi. 1 replies.
Started by Vaishnavi 02 Mar 2009 11:46 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 2380 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Mar 2 2009 11:46 PM

• Vaishnavi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 2 2009
    • Posts 5
    • Points 140
    Extracting congestion information for each Gcell Reply
    Hey everybody, I need to find the coordinates of each Global Routing Cell and identify the signal nets that pass through it. I also need to find the horizontal and vertical congestion for each gcell as a numerical representation (number of signal nets/number of available tracks). This information can now be extracted visually from the congestion map displayed by SOC Encounter. But is this information stored in any of the log files? Where else could i check for this information? The .DEF files seems to have a list of all the signal nets. Any leads on this issue would be a big help thanks.
    • Post Points: 5
  • Thu, Apr 2 2009 4:07 AM

• Vaishnavi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 2 2009
    • Posts 5
    • Points 140
    Re: Extracting congestion information for each Gcell Reply
    I used dumpNanoCongestArea to dump out a txt file containing all the congestion information on a gcell basis. Is there a way to obtain the source code of this script? I can modify it to find the other parameters I'm looking for. Right now I use another script to find the nets in each gcell and it's a time consuming process as the script extracts all the nets each time it's called and compares it to the coordinates specified. Is there a better way to do this?
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Vaishnavi at 02 Mar 2009 11:46 PM. Topic has 1 replies.