Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > geAddNetProbe and geDeleteNetProbe functions

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

geAddNetProbe and geDeleteNetProbe functions 

Last post Tue, Feb 24 2009 3:54 PM by MOSFET. 2 replies.
Started by MOSFET 24 Feb 2009 02:59 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 2133 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Feb 24 2009 2:59 PM

• MOSFET
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 12 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 32
    • Points 580
    geAddNetProbe and geDeleteNetProbe functions Reply

I'm trying to create bindings such that when I press one key while my mouse is positioned over a non-hilighted net, it will be hilighted.  If I press a different key while my mouse is positioned over a hilighted net, it will be un-hilighted.

These functions already exist in cadence, but they prompt you to click on the net after you press the keys that are bound to the geAddNetProbe and geDeleteNetProbe functions.  I'm trying to make it such that the cursor's current coordinates are automatically passed to these functions.  Here is what I have tried:

hiSetBindKey("Schematics" "<Key>5" "geAddNetProbe( hiGetCurrentWindow( ) schSingleSelectPt( ) ) ")

Unfortunately this is not working the way I have intended.  When I press the '5' key, the net is hilighted, but there is a message in Virtuoso promting me to "Point at a figure on a net or enter the name of the net".  When I click on the net again, I receive the following error message in the CIW window:

*Error* _geMakeProbeWithColor: argument #5 should be a list (type template = "wtggltltt") - t

What am I doing wrong here? 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Feb 24 2009 3:20 PM

• dmay
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Allen, TX
    • Posts 393
    • Points 7,415
    Re: geAddNetProbe and geDeleteNetProbe functions Reply

The following should work:

hiSetBindKey("Schematics" "<Key>5" "geAddNetProbe(hiGetCurrentWindow() nil hiGetCommandPoint()  ) ")
    hiSetBindKey("Schematics" "<Key>6" "geDeleteNetProbe(hiGetCurrentWindow() hiGetCommandPoint()  ) ")

-Derek

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Feb 24 2009 3:54 PM

• MOSFET
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 12 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 32
    • Points 580
    Re: geAddNetProbe and geDeleteNetProbe functions Reply

dmay:

The following should work:

hiSetBindKey("Schematics" "<Key>5" "geAddNetProbe(hiGetCurrentWindow() nil hiGetCommandPoint()  ) ")
    hiSetBindKey("Schematics" "<Key>6" "geDeleteNetProbe(hiGetCurrentWindow() hiGetCommandPoint()  ) ")

-Derek

Thanks, that works perfectly. 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by MOSFET at 24 Feb 2009 02:59 PM. Topic has 2 replies.