Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > IC6 shielding constraint

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

IC6 shielding constraint 

Last post Wed, Feb 18 2009 1:20 AM by stuso. 2 replies.
Started by stuso 17 Feb 2009 08:05 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 1239 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Feb 17 2009 8:05 AM

• stuso
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 3 2008
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,315
    IC6 shielding constraint Reply

Hi there, has anyone managed to use wire editor to route a shielded net in IC6? I'm having an issue setting up the constraint, specifically from this document:

http://sourcelink.cadence.com/docs/files/Release_Info/Docs/constraints/constraints6.1.3/appA.html#1050500

and from that document:

"To create a shielding constraint and set the associated shielding net:

Select the net that is to be shielded.

Note:  If you select multiple nets, and try to apply a Shielding constraint, a consistency check warning message is displayed in the CIW."

However i seem to be getting an error in my CIW when i do not select at least 2 nets:

*WARNING* Can not delete member GND from Shielding constraint Constr_0. Constraints of this type require at least 2 members.

any suggestion/help is appreciated.

thanks

Stu

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Feb 17 2009 4:57 PM

• torrecdns
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 18 2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Re: IC6 shielding constraint Reply

Hi Stu,

What version of Virtuoso are you using? This has changed recently and the document you are refering to shows the new use model. I'm not exactly sure when it changed, but it use to require to select in Navigator the shield net first, followed by shielded net (using ctrl to select both) before creating constraint in constraint manager. Give this a try.

In either case, once the constrait is defined. Make sure you have CAE (Constraint-aware editing) ON. This is an option inthe menu Options->Layout XL...    "General" tab. You should see the shielding create when using Create->Wire... or running the autorouter.

I just tried in ISR6 as described in doc. and works fine.

Hope this helps,

Fernando Torre

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Feb 18 2009 1:20 AM

• stuso
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 3 2008
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,315
    Re: IC6 shielding constraint Reply

Hi Fernando, thanks for your feedback.

I am using: IC06.13.505, i'll check to see if there is a more up to date version. I have also now turned on constraint aware routing.

So i can get  to the point where i have a shileding constraint listed in the constraint manager(with 2 members) BUT when i select my new shielding constraint the "shield net parameter"(step 4 in the document) is missing, so i'm not sure how to tell it which is the shielded net.

I have tried going on regardless but when i use the wire editor to route the net shield is not generated, also have looked at the options while in route but cannot see any mention of shielding.

Cadence are going to have a look at it today for me, i'm probably doing something silly, will let you know the outcome.

Thanks

Stu

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by stuso at 17 Feb 2009 08:05 AM. Topic has 2 replies.