Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Step wise execution of skill scripting

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Step wise execution of skill scripting 

Last post Mon, Feb 16 2009 9:02 PM by bharath2k4er. 2 replies.
Started by bharath2k4er 15 Feb 2009 08:51 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 1635 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sun, Feb 15 2009 8:51 PM

• bharath2k4er
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 10 2009
    • blr, Karnataka
    • Posts 34
    • Points 650
    Step wise execution of skill scripting Reply

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me if step wise execution of skill coding is possible.. say in case of c programming after compiling the program with 0 errors, we can see the step by step execution of the program by pressing F7 key.... is the same way possible in skill..?

what are types available to compile a skill program..?

Thanks,

Bharath. 

Thanks, Bharath
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Feb 16 2009 6:42 AM

• dmay
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Allen, TX
    • Posts 393
    • Points 7,415
    Re: Step wise execution of skill scripting Reply

If you own the skillDev (Skill Development) license, then there is a Skill debugger that you can use to step through your code. Go to the Tools menu in the CIW to find the Skill Development option.

CIW->Tools->Skill Development

Then click on the Skill Debugger button. Load your code into your CIW after opening the debugger. You can put statements like break() into your code to set break points, or you can use the debugger interface to define what functions to use as break points. All the code stepping will be displayed in the CIW. I recommend you look at the documentation for how to use the debugger. Most of the buttons on the form have corresponding Skill commands that you can put on bindkeys if you wish (Set F7 to step, for example).

You can use the sstatus command to help you debug problems in your Skill code as well. Two settings I find useful are:

;The following gives you a stack trace up to 10 levels deep if your skill code fails
    sstatus(stacktrace 10)
    ;The following will print the values of all the variables in the procedures in your stack trace at the time of failure
    sstatus(stacktraceDump t)

-Derek

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Feb 16 2009 9:02 PM

• bharath2k4er
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 10 2009
    • blr, Karnataka
    • Posts 34
    • Points 650
    Re: Step wise execution of skill scripting Reply

Thanks for your support Derek..!!!

Hope i get the usage doumentation of 'skill debugger' in virtuoso user guide.

Thanks,

Bharath. 

Thanks, Bharath
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by bharath2k4er at 15 Feb 2009 08:51 PM. Topic has 2 replies.