Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > skill code for output console window

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

skill code for output console window 

Last post Thu, Feb 12 2009 7:41 AM by Austin CAD Guy. 3 replies.
Started by ramya 11 Feb 2009 03:43 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 1766 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Feb 11 2009 3:43 AM

• ramya
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 11 2009
    • Posts 9
    • Points 180
    skill code for output console window Reply

Hi,

I am new to this forum.I found this forum very informative. Can someone help me with below code? 

How to develop a output console using skill coding which displays the action done in the layout(like displaying the details when a command is executed)

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Feb 11 2009 3:28 PM

Re: skill code for output console window Reply

It requires you to open an output file for writing, viewing the file with update turned on, writing to the file and draining the buffer to display it:

myTempFile = makeTempFileName( "testFile" )

;; Open the file in write mode (clean file) as opposed to append

myFileId = outfile( myTempFile "w" ) || error( "Could not open %s\n" myTempFile )

view( myTempFile nil "Title of view window" t ) ; the last argument makes the window updatable

fprintf( myFileId "This is a test of the view file system\n" )

drain( myFileId )

;; Be sure to close the port when finished

close( myFileId )

Hope that helps. You can control the size of the window and where it ends up with the view command.

Ted

• Thu, Feb 12 2009 5:09 AM

• ramya
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 11 2009
    • Posts 9
    • Points 180

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

But i would like to have is this new window that is created should display description of the commands that are executed in the layout window.

Like when saving a cell view is done, the message window has to display the message like "cell view is saved sucessfully" something like that.

please give me some ideas for this.

• Thu, Feb 12 2009 7:41 AM

There are some actions which you can do this for using triggers and dialog boxes but not all actions have triggers which can be registered. Something like a save has three possible triggers dbRegSaveTrigger - Pre save, dbRegPostSaveTrigger - After save and dbRegPurgeTrigger. Each command registers a command which is executed at the proper time. You can find all the triggers using cdsFinder - type cdsFinder in the shell and then enter trigger in the "Find what:" box. cdnsHelp or cdsdoc (release dependent names) have more explanation about the usage of the triggers.

You may want to display your message using a dialog box. Use the hiDisplayUserDBox command to create a dialog box. A progress box can be done with hiDisplayProgressBox. Both of these are described in the documentation but this gives you a place to start looking.

Ted

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by ramya at 11 Feb 2009 03:43 AM. Topic has 3 replies.