Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Creating auto calculating form where form fields are getting calculated in the form itself

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Creating auto calculating form where form fields are getting calculated in the form itself 

Last post Fri, Feb 6 2009 10:15 AM by Austin CAD Guy. 1 replies.
Started by AmitBiswas 06 Feb 2009 09:57 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1193 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Feb 6 2009 9:57 AM

• AmitBiswas
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 25 2009
    • Bangalore, Karnataka
    • Posts 22
    • Points 575
    Creating auto calculating form where form fields are getting calculated in the form itself Reply
    I wan to create a form where some of the form fields will be automatically evaluated depending upon the other form field value.suppose metal width is one form field and I want to calculate no. of row of via , will be calculated taking care of DRC in the form itself so that user can take a descision before proceeding further.All the calculation I will do but how to reflect the result of the calculation in the form itself.one example like during instantiating a resistor if width is independent variable, length will be calculated depending upon the vale of the resistor.If anybody knows, please help.
    Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Feb 6 2009 10:15 AM

Re: Creating auto calculating form where form fields are getting calculated in the form itself Reply

Fields have series of callbacks which execute when the focus is changed to the field (?focusInCallback), when the value is modified (?modifyCallback) and when the field looses focus (?callback). If the callbacks are strings, they must be complete SKILL expressions, if they are a symbol, they are a function and will be called with a set number of arguments.

The documentation is in the Cadence User Interface SKILL Reference manual.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by AmitBiswas at 06 Feb 2009 09:57 AM. Topic has 1 replies.