Home > Community > Forums > Hardware/Software Co-Development, Verification and Integration > ncelab: *F,INTERR: INTERNAL ERROR while running ncsc_run on a systemC & verilog design

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ncelab: *F,INTERR: INTERNAL ERROR while running ncsc_run on a systemC & verilog design 

Last post Fri, Jan 30 2009 8:52 AM by Mickey. 3 replies.
Started by Shailendra 29 Jan 2009 12:36 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 3532 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jan 29 2009 12:36 AM

• Shailendra
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 3 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    ncelab: *F,INTERR: INTERNAL ERROR while running ncsc_run on a systemC & verilog design Reply

Hi,

I have a design which have a verilog Top & hirrarchical systemC modules instantiated in it.

Now while running the elaboration for this deesign I am getting crash in NCELAB.

It is not giving any error & no stack dump is also generated.

I am using the following command where I am getting this crash

ncsc_run \
                      -access rwc \
                      -MESSAGES $VERBOSE \
                      -loadsc $ID_DATA_DIR/libncsc_model.so \
                      -TOP ncvlog_lib.testbench:module 

Here I am loading the systemC modules thru dynamic library & TOP is a verilog Top module "testbench"

Please provide some options thru which I can debug this error.

I am using following version of NCSIM

TOOL: ncelab  06.11-s004

OPERATING SYSTEM: Linux 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:32:02 EDT 2006 x86_64

Regards,

Shailendra 

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jan 29 2009 9:43 AM

• Mickey
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 13 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,315
    Re: ncelab: *F,INTERR: INTERNAL ERROR while running ncsc_run on a systemC & verilog design Reply

Hi Shailendra,

Can you provide more specifics as to when you get the error?  Are you running in gui mode?  Were you able to execute the code previously?  Can you share the code?  If yes please feel free to send it to my email (jrodrig@cadence.com).

As an FYI, the version you are using is somewhat dated.  If you can send me your code and I can try to run it on the latest update to the 6.11 release.

Best regards,
    Mickey

• Thu, Jan 29 2009 9:41 PM

• Shailendra
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 3 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    Re: ncelab: *F,INTERR: INTERNAL ERROR while running ncsc_run on a systemC & verilog design Reply

Hi Mickey,

I am not using GUI mode.

I am simply running in cmd mode. The problem is I can't share code.

The design have a Top level Verilog in which a systemC instance is instantiated with mutiple systemC instances in it.

As I am using ncsc_run for compiling I am looking for some option or help thru which I can generate some stack trace & can look into the issue.

Can you please suggest certain options which I can use to get some more error messages or some hit & trials.

It will be a great help for me.

Regards,

Shailendra

• Fri, Jan 30 2009 8:52 AM

• Mickey
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 13 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,315

Hi Shailendra,

Thanks for the reply.

Be aware that the message you are seeing is an "internal error".  This means the problem has something to do with a unforseen situation being encountered by the simulator code, which may or may not be something you can affect.  Cadence R&D has encountered and fixed a handful of situations that led to errors similar to what you are seeing.

Since you are using an old version of the IUS simulator, my first suggestion would be to download and install either a more recent version of IUS (IUS81 or IUS82) or if you need to stay within the IUS611 stream download the most recent hotfix to IUS611, which is 06.11-s017.

Let me know if you need any assistance with downloading and/or installing the hotfix.

Best regards,
    Mickey

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Shailendra at 29 Jan 2009 12:36 AM. Topic has 3 replies.