Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Simulting Layout synthesized with SOC Encounter

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Simulting Layout synthesized with SOC Encounter 

Last post Mon, Dec 29 2008 10:27 PM by Sirrius. 1 replies.
Started by Sirrius 28 Dec 2008 05:49 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1053 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sun, Dec 28 2008 5:49 PM

• Sirrius
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 13 2008
    • Posts 22
    • Points 275
    Simulting Layout synthesized with SOC Encounter Reply

Hello All,

I am having some trouble simulating the layout that I have synthesized using SOC Encounter. The problem seems to be that the simulator (SpectreS) does not find global signals VDD! and GND!. I have pads for power and ground signals on my layout.

I have set the name of the pad for power to VDD (not a global signal) and set its "expression" property to "vdd!". The simulator does not throw any error. However, if change the pad name to VDD! (and GND!), the simulator shows error telling me that it needs a "string". I do not get any more information than this.

I simulated my schematic that was also generated by Encounter, and things look fine. I did not carry out the full LVS though.

I had seen the same (incorrect) results during simulation of schematics when my global signals were not configured. For the schematic case, I could find the global signals (VDD!, GND!) listed in the stimuli creation window (global signals section), but I cannot find the same for layouts. Setting these global signals in the schematic case got the circuit working as expected.

So, as I suppose, the problem here seems to be configuring the global signals in the extracted layout. Can someone please provide a clue on how it should be done?

If the problem is different, can someone please help me fix it?

Thanks for your time

Warm Regards

Sirrius

• Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Dec 29 2008 10:27 PM

• Sirrius
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 13 2008
    • Posts 22
    • Points 275
    Re: Simulting Layout synthesized with SOC Encounter Reply

Wont anyone help ????

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Sirrius at 28 Dec 2008 05:49 PM. Topic has 1 replies.