Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > How to set a size for the waveform window while using Ocean.

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to set a size for the waveform window while using Ocean. 

Last post Wed, Apr 15 2009 4:07 PM by dlbro. 3 replies.
Started by EricBohannon 22 Dec 2008 04:37 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 2328 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Dec 22 2008 4:37 PM

How to set a size for the waveform window while using Ocean. Reply

Hi,

I'm trying to set the size of a waveform window while using Ocean to run Monte Carlo analyses.  I run the Monte Carlo analyses and call the histogram function to plot my scalar values.  I often have more than one scalar value in a single waveform window.  I then call hardCopy() to save the existing waveform window as .png image file to my hard drive.  All of this works great, except for the fact that I cannot change the size of the waveform window.

I found solution number 11089214.  I attempted to do what it said but I had no luck.  For example, I modified my .oceanrc file to include the code in solution number 11089214.  I then opened ocean and on the terminal I typed "newWindow()".  A new waveform window appeared but it had not been resized at all.  I even added a print statement in my .oceanrc file to make sure the new code was getting called.  I've tried a few other things but nothing has worked.  Does anyone have any idea what I could do to fix this problem?

I'm using WaveScan version 5.10.41.500.5128 on Red Hat Linux.  Thanks for your help.

Eric

• Post Points: 5
  • Tue, Dec 23 2008 7:07 AM

Re: How to set a size for the waveform window while using Ocean. Reply

Hi,

Since this post, I've tried a few other things that didn't seem to change the default size, width by height (in pixels), of the wavescan window.  My monitor is 1680 pixels by 1050 pixels.  My .oceanrc file has the following set up:

;Begin .oceanrc
    load "abMakeWaveform.il"
    load "abStats.il"

simulator('spectre)
    ocnWaveformTool('wavescan)
    envSetVal("wavescan.graphFrame" "width" 'string "1000")
    envSetVal("wavescan.graphFrame" "height" 'string "1000")
    ;End .oceanrc

Note that whenever I call newWindow(), histogram(), or plot(); a wavescan window appears in the lower left hand corner on my screen.  The width and height are each approximately 550 pixels.  I don't seem to have this problem when I use wavescan directly in cadence with analog design environment because each wavescan window is placed in the center of the screen.

The reason why this is important to me is because I'm trying to fit six histograms onto a wavescan window that is ~ 550 pixels by 550 pixels and then save that to an image.  When I go to view that image, the histograms are barely visible and the mean and sigma values cannot be read.  I'm trying to do this in code so I don't have to do it manually.  If I can resize the wavescan window in code, it will be much easier for me to automate this analysis.

Also note that I ssh onto a remote machine when running the ocean analysis.  Could this cause any problems?  Thanks for your help.

Eric

• Tue, Dec 23 2008 9:08 AM

Hi,

I found solution number 11169494 and it solved my problem.  Basically, you call:

awvResizeWindow(awvGetCurrentWindow() list(200:200 1000:700))

to resize the window.  Pretty simple.  Thanks for the great site.

Eric  

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Apr 15 2009 4:07 PM

• dlbro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 15 2009
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130
    Or just create the window already sized correctly: WaveWin3=awvCreatePlotWindow( ?bBox list(0:0 1700:1250)) ; these coordinates are for full screen on my monitor
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by EricBohannon at 22 Dec 2008 04:37 PM. Topic has 3 replies.