Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

components break efforts 

Last post Thu, Dec 4 2008 12:48 PM by oldmouldy. 3 replies.
Started by rudisoares 03 Dec 2008 05:25 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 2580 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Dec 3 2008 5:25 AM

• rudisoares
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 20 2008
    • Posts 9
    • Points 120
    components break efforts Reply
    I would like to know if there are any way on Pspice to verify the components break efforts. For example, the mosfet IRF640 is prepared to work with 200V Vds (and I’m assuming the the pspice model is get from values of manufactures datasheet), and in stead I’m working by instance with 40000V. The result is ok, like I expect from theory, but is not realistic at all. There is option on Pspice that advise met or let ne know that my component are in danger? Many thanks, Rudi 

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Dec 4 2008 1:27 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,371
    • Points 23,350
    Re: components break efforts Reply

You need the Advanced Analysis Option, (or the Smoke Option) with this would be the stress limits, Voltage, Current, Power, Tempertaure and so on, for the modelled component, your 40kV would be reported as a 20X overstress in the analysis results. "Nothing ever breaks" in regular PSpice simulations!

• Thu, Dec 4 2008 9:14 AM

• rudisoares
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 20 2008
    • Posts 9
    • Points 120

Thanks for the tips. I've try to look it but I did not found that Advanced Analysis Option on my Pspice version, 14. I think that Advanced Analysis Option, is  equivalent to the Run Optimizer, isn't it? any way I could not accomplish my objective cause it seems that my license doesn't allow me to do it!!! So or I get license of it, or I will see it on practice. :)By the way, the are some cadence Pspice version adapted for Mac OS?many thanks,

Rudi 

• Thu, Dec 4 2008 12:48 PM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,371
    • Points 23,350

Advanced Analysis and Smoke Options are cost options, too long ago to remember exactly when they were added but I think it was at OrCAD 10.0 and Cadence Allegro 15.0. Smoke Option is specific to stress analysis, Advanced Analysis contains tools including Smoke, Advanced Optimiser and Parametric Plotter, see the datasheet on the main Cadence site for more details.

You might be able to run on an Intel MAC under Windows emulation but it is not supported. Otherwise WIndows is the only platform.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by rudisoares at 03 Dec 2008 05:25 AM. Topic has 3 replies.