Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Pspice Library errror 

Last post Fri, Nov 21 2008 8:08 AM by oldmouldy. 1 replies.
Started by laboredm 21 Nov 2008 07:25 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 7602 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Nov 21 2008 7:25 AM

• laboredm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 4 2008
    • Posts 8
    • Points 175
    Pspice Library errror Reply

I had this sim working and I changed the outputs of pin to different areas a MOSFET and then I get this error in the library.

WARNING -- Library index file nom.ind does not have the correct format
    Making new index file nom.ind for library file nom.lib
    .lib "irf.lib"                          ; International Rectifier, PSpice Model for Diode, IGBT, Mosfet & Mosfet Array

ERROR -- Illegal self-referencing or duplicate library file C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.0\tools\PSpice\library\irf.lib
    Index has 19400 entries from 96 file(s).

ERROR -- Unable to make index for library file C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.0\tools\PSpice\library\nom.lib

What does this mean?  I did not touch any of the librarys and now I get this.

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Nov 21 2008 8:08 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,388
    • Points 23,645
    Re: Pspice Library errror Reply

In my view the most likely cause of this is that you have a duplicate reference to the LIB "irf.lib", possibly one in the Simulation profile and another for the "default" in nom.lib, or something similar - like a library reference includes "irf.lib" and another libarry also references it later. First thing to look at is the Simulation profile, remove library references apart from "nom.lib", just as a temporary check if needs be. Also the "nom.lib" will be text, check that the "irf.lib" is included only once. The "nom.ind" could be deleted from the library directory, this will cause the index file to be rebuilt when the simulation is next run which will delay the simulation for a short while until it is built.

It is possible that this may have been caused by a bug, check that you have the latest hotfix, Capture will report 16.0.0.s003, if not you will need to get this from your local Cadence Channel Partner.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by laboredm at 21 Nov 2008 07:25 AM. Topic has 1 replies.