Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > What is the best practice/method to define and route a net in a specific order and...

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

What is the best practice/method to define and route a net in a specific order and...  

Last post Tue, Nov 18 2008 8:37 AM by Khurana. 4 replies.
Started by F150 17 Nov 2008 08:37 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 1590 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Nov 17 2008 8:37 AM

• F150
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 13 2008
    • Posts 9
    • Points 120
    What is the best practice/method to define and route a net in a specific order and... Reply

What is the best practice/method to route a net in a specific order.

Also-

What is the best practice/method to define and route a net in a specific order AND control the length of certain individual segments of that net (i.e. a net has 4 pins and must be routed in a certain pin order- furthermore the trace length between the first and second pins need to be controlled and also –the overall length of the entire net needs to be controlled).

• Post Points: 35
  • Mon, Nov 17 2008 8:48 AM

• Khurana
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 14 2008
    • Posts 238
    • Points 3,315
    Re: What is the best practice/method to define and route a net in a specific order and... Reply

I think you are asking about net schedule feature.  A net route order can be defined by going to Logic > Net Schedule > click on the pins > right click > select done.  For length control you will need to create pin pair and then define min/max propagation delay in Allegro Constraint Manager, which is available in Allegro Performance or higher.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Nov 17 2008 8:54 AM

• KeithP
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 30 2008
    • Melrose, Borders
    • Posts 34
    • Points 590
    Re: What is the best practice/method to define and route a net in a specific order and... Reply
    I would use SigXplorer from the Allegro Contraint Manager. Here you can modify the topology (net order) add your rules (pin pairs or length) and then apply the topology to as many nets as you need.
    • Post Points: 5
  • Tue, Nov 18 2008 6:28 AM

• F150
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 13 2008
    • Posts 9
    • Points 120
    Thanks- I tried your suggestion and it works fine…but- I can’t seem to copy- the scheduled net with a pin pair defined- to other nets. If this is possible- do you know how to do it?  
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Nov 18 2008 8:37 AM

• Khurana
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 14 2008
    • Posts 238
    • Points 3,315

In Constraint Manager, go to File > Import > Topology > select the .top file.  This will import as an electrical constraint set (ECSet).  To assign this ECSet, to the net(s) just left click in the Reference Electrical Constraint Set column cell(s) and select the ECSet (the name of ECSet will be same name as topology file).

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by F150 at 17 Nov 2008 08:37 AM. Topic has 4 replies.