Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

File CN1200.DLL not found 

Last post Fri, Nov 14 2008 12:24 PM by oldmouldy. 1 replies.
Started by p x do 13 Nov 2008 02:49 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 3159 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Nov 13 2008 2:49 PM

• p x do
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 13 2008
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    File CN1200.DLL not found Reply

Hello,

I'm trying to run Cadence version 15.7, but there is an error pop up " "This application has failed to start because cn1200.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

I have both version 15.7 and 16.1 on my machine. Switching version does not help.

Any comments will be appreciated.

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Nov 14 2008 12:24 PM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,382
    • Points 23,555
    Re: File CN1200.DLL not found Reply

Try searching the system for the DLL, check that the PATH configured for each version includes an entry to include the directory for the DLL. You can open a command prompt and use the "set" command to get the current environment settings dumped in the window, look for "PATH" and check the entries.

"DLL Not found" means the DLL is not installed or not on the PATH, "entry point not found" means that the wrong version is being found. (It may indeed not be installed correctly)

You could also check that the PATH in Control Panel>System, Advanced tab, Environment Variable, System Variables only contains references like "%CDSROOT%\tools\..." and not any absolute directories to the product installations, otherwise changing CDSROOT won't switch all the directory values in the PATH.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by p x do at 13 Nov 2008 02:49 PM. Topic has 1 replies.