Home > Community > Forums > PCB SKILL > merging multiple paths in the same net connected via connect points

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

merging multiple paths in the same net connected via connect points 

Last post Tue, Aug 5 2008 2:53 PM by kerchunk. 3 replies.
Started by brianstjohn 05 Aug 2008 07:47 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 3491 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Aug 5 2008 7:47 AM

merging multiple paths in the same net connected via connect points Reply

Good morning,

I have a design in which several of the nets have paths which have connect points in them on the same layer; I'd like to collapse the multiple paths into a single path via SKILL - does anyone know of a way to do this?  A co-worker pointed out that you can remove the FIXED property from all the paths in the net which are touching in the same layer, and then move the path from its current position back to the same position, and the GUI will automatically turn all the paths which are connected with connect points into one big path.  I can't find a way to execute that action programatically via SKILL - does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thank you very much,

Brian

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Aug 5 2008 11:02 AM

• kerchunk
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 29 2008
    • Posts 35
    • Points 560
    Re: merging multiple paths in the same net connected via connect points Reply

If I understand your situation correctly, you have

A ---->B<-----C<--------D-------->E<--------F--------->G

and you'd like to get to

A---->B------>C-------->D------->E-------->F-------->G

is that correct?

If so, you could try traversing the paths to map out the overall head-to-tail order then determine which paths are the overall head and tail, respectively. Then you'll need to reverse each path that is 'backwards', actually deleting the path and recreating each segment in reverse order and reversing the ->startEnd points. 

HTH,

Chris Walters

local Cadence guru

() 

• Tue, Aug 5 2008 11:11 AM

RE: merging multiple paths in the same net connected via connect points Reply

Hi Chris,

Actually, that’s not it – I have something like:

Die A---àB---àC--àD---àE----àF BGA

What I want is Die A-----------------------------------à BGA

I have a net which has a couple of paths which are connected together with connection points.  In the GUI, if I select one of the paths which is touching another path, and then move the first path to the position its already in, the two paths are merged into one path.  What I need to do “collapse” all the paths which are touching into one path.  Does that make sense?

Thanks for you help, Chris, I really appreciate it.

Brian

• Tue, Aug 5 2008 2:53 PM

• kerchunk
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 29 2008
    • Posts 35
    • Points 560
    Re: RE: merging multiple paths in the same net connected via connect points Reply

Can you post a screenshot, maybe with the different paths highlighted in different colors?

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by brianstjohn at 05 Aug 2008 07:47 AM. Topic has 3 replies.