Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > Parasite Impedances

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Parasite Impedances 

Last post Thu, Jul 31 2008 5:49 AM by Tabarani. 0 replies.
Started by Tabarani 31 Jul 2008 05:49 AM. Topic has 0 replies and 2692 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jul 31 2008 5:49 AM

• Tabarani
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Campinas, Sao Paulo
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5
    Parasite Impedances Reply
    Hi All,

I am quite new in RF Design, my background is mainly low frequency Analog Design. Because of my lack of experience in this area I have still many doubts about the projects flow.

How would you consider the parasite impedances in a RF Simulation? I mean, for example in a LNA, seems to me that ground, pads and connections to the pin plays a big role in it's gain, impedance match and so on.. Should we consider it from the very beginning of the project and include it in all Maths or should we simulate without it and afterwards, somewhere in the project flow, make adjustments? What about the bond wires that connect the circuit to the package pin and the antenna miss match from pure 50 Ohms, would you consider them in simulations? How to estimate them?

If someone could advice me some good paper or website about project and Design flow to RF circuits that would be very nice.

Thanks for you attention,

Filipe Tabarani
    Filipe Tabarani -- Analog and Digital Designer / Verification Engineer Microelectronics Wernher von Braun Center for Advanced Research Av. Perimetral Norte, 301, Campinas/SP - Brazil Phone/Fax: +55 19 3262.2207 www.vonbraunlabs.com.br
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Tabarani at 31 Jul 2008 05:49 AM. Topic has 0 replies.