Submit an Abstract
Guidelines for preparing your abstract:
- Prepare your abstract for a 25-minute session, not counting audience Q&A.
- Set up the problem/need your session will address. (1-2 sentences)
- How will your session solve this problem/meet this need? Mention the main points/topics your session will cover. (1-3 sentences)
- What technologies, services, or methodologies were employed to meet this need? (1-2 sentences)
- What case study(ies) will be cited as examples of success? (1-2 sentences)
- How will your session help attendees or their customers? Will they save time to market? Reduce overhead? Increase productivity? Quantify the big benefit. Example: saved 6-8 weeks. (1-2 sentences)
- 2500 character limit (including spaces)
Please note that rating of abstracts will be based upon - and should also include information regarding - the following criteria for the final paper and presentation:
- Quality – The abstract should be well organized and easily understood. The abstract and summary are good indicators of what can be expected of the prospective authors for a full-length paper.
- Relevance – The abstract should be highly relevant to the interests of a user group audience, and to the track topic in particular.
- Impact – Submissions reporting on important results, methodologies, or case studies of special significance are favourable.
- Originality – New design methodologies or a case study for an innovative design have great educational value.
- Commercial content – It is acceptable to use a product in a design case study or as a proof-of-concept for a design methodology, and many of the abstracts a user group views most favourably do just that. However, we also know that the audience responds negatively to anything that comes across as a product pitch. A good case study that uses a real product in an appropriate manner to demonstrate feasibility or illustrate a concept will be considered favourably.
Note: To submit an abstract, use your Cadence.com user account to log in. If you don't have a cadence.com account, create a Cadence.com User Account now»
If you have trouble creating an account, please use the Registration Help Request.