Cadence Delivers a Proven Path to Success in the Mobile Market
Consumers want more computing power, more sophisticated audio/video, and more storage on their mobile devices. Protocols and memory models are constantly evolving to boost device performance and power. But to keep up with the latest standards, mobile SoC and systems manufacturers need solutions that can test the functionality of their designs―quickly, accurately, and cost-efficiently.
Cadence has just announced its support of new protocol and memory model verification IP (VIP) that will accelerate and simplify the adoption of the latest mobile standards. Working closely with top systems and semiconductor companies, and with standards bodies, Cadence delivers VIP at the earliest stage possible―often ahead of the final specification. With the newly expanded Cadence VIP Catalog, customers can reduce their development time and cost, and be first to market with high-performance mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
“The MIPI Alliance continues to advance mobile interface standards with processor and peripheral protocols that streamline system development and expand the sophistication of today’s mobile devices,” said Joel Huloux, Chairman of the Board for the MIPI Alliance. “By ensuring verification support for these protocols at the earliest stage possible, companies such as Cadence enable mobile designers to embrace the latest standards and deliver products that transform the consumer’s mobile experience.”
The Cadence VIP Portfolio delivers a number of unique benefits to mobile device developers by expanding support to the following standards:
- LPDDR3: enables customers to meet low-power and high-bandwidth requirements.
- MIPI CSI-3: provides an advanced processor-to-camera sensor interface and enables high-resolution video and 3D.
- MIPI Low Latency Interface (LLI): reduces production costs by allowing DRAM memory to be shared among multiple chips.
- USB 3.0 On-The-Go (OTG): enables rapid transfer of video/audio data and quick charging.
- Universal Flash Storage (UFS): increases data transfer speed and reliability.
- eMMC4.5: enables high-bandwidth, low pin-count solutions that simplify system design.
- cJTAG: enables efficient testing of mobile devices by reducing pin count, managing power, and simplifying multi-chip debug.
The Cadence Verification IP Catalog
is the most comprehensive and robust in the industry, with support for more than 30 complex protocols and 6,000 memory devices or 15,000 memory device configurations. The catalog also provides maximum flexibility to customers by ensuring open support for all third-party simulators and verification methodologies.
Feature stories archive »